Mens Tennis Forums banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
496 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I go with Garin and Fritz as being in danger.

In case of Garin, I don't think he's done all that much outside clay, and Kukushkin looked good in round 1.

In case of Fritz, his round 1 performance was not impressive, though he was decent post lock down. But Simon has the ability to frustrate and beat unstable players like Fritz.

·
justice for all
16,879 Posts
Agreed on the above. But I also think Ruud is in big danger.

Dimitrov (Fucsovics beat him last week) and De Minaur in danger too.

·
Registered
2,082 Posts
Top danger : Ruud (vs Ruusuvuori), Dimitrov (vs Fucsovics)

Danger : Shapovalov (vs Kwon), Fritz (vs G Simon), FAA (vs Murray)

Possible danger : Zverev (vs Nakashima), Berrettini (vs Humbert), Goffin (vs Harris), RBA (vs Kecmanovic), De Minaur (vs Gasquet)

·
Registered
8,343 Posts
Felix is going home!

·
Premium Member
9,299 Posts
Dunno why Mannarino was ever in danger this round, Sock looked like he was about to faint in the 3rd set.

Reactions: RocketMan70

·
Registered
5,184 Posts
Garin seeded at 13 is beyond a joke
He won couple of events, ATP 500 and ATP 250, on South American clay in Feb. beating the likes of Schwartzman, Cuevas, Coric, and Delbonis. He has made big strides in rankings with his talent and skill on clay. It is what it is. Every surface counts in tennis.

·
Banned
3,263 Posts
He won couple of events, ATP 500 and ATP 250, on South American clay in Feb. beating the likes of Schwartzman, Cuevas, Coric, and Delbonis. He has made big strides in rankings with his talent and skill on clay. It is what it is. Every surface counts in tennis.
Just clay tho, he can’t do shit anywhere else. Can’t have top 20 players who can only play on one surface

·
Registered
5,184 Posts
Just clay tho, he can’t do shit anywhere else. Can’t have top 20 players who can only play on one surface
A player who can play on clay can play on hardcourts too and vice versa. There is not a huge difference nor huge changes are needed to transition from clay to harcourt and from hardcourt to clay, if you are a good player. That's how I see it. Grass is a different ball game though.

·
Banned
3,263 Posts
A player who can play on clay can play on hardcourts too and vice versa. There is not a huge difference nor huge changes are needed to transition from clay to harcourt and from hardcourt to clay, if you are a good player. That's how I see it. Grass is a different ball game though.
He doesn’t have any good results on hard tho. He just lost to Kukushkin who also hasn’t done anything in his career.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts