Mens Tennis Forums banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
7,516 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So, with Nadal losing in Barcelona, he and Djokovic are almost equal on points if we take Madrid and Rome out. Whoever performs better at those two will get the nr.1 ranking and thus the seed to Roland Garros. The other will be seeded second, they're far ahead of the pack.

Again going with rankings without Madrid and Rome, Wawrinka is 3rd with ~600 points ahead of Federer who in turn is ~600 points ahead of Ferrer. So Wawrinka will most likely get the nr.3 seed barring an great run from Federer. Also, Federer needs to be wary of Ferrer who seems to be in great clay form having beaten Nadal at MC. I'd expect both Nadal and Djokovic wanting to avoid Wawrinka in their half at RG, given his great form this season.

Behind those two Berdych and Murray will likely be seeded 6th and 7th, so the interesting one will be Raonic and Isner who are almost equal on points. One of those guys will get the nr.8 seed.

What do you guys think the rankings will look like after Madrid and Rome and what will the seedings be?

·
Registered
2,042 Posts
No.8 seed isn't just between Raonic and Isner. Tsonga and Gasquet have a chance there too. As does Nishikori if he wins Barcelona.

·
Registered
4,211 Posts
Depends on wrist. Three and four doesn't really matter. The big question is really about the eighth seed. Raonic doesn't have that much to defend but a deep run from Isner, Gasquet or Tsonga could nick it.

·
Registered
2,934 Posts
I don't care who seeds the 1st. I just care whose half Wawa is in.
I know the RG organizers will again assist dull cheating by placing Wawa in Djoker's half, like a few years ago Federer and Djoker were ALWAYS on the same sides of the draws.

·
Registered
4,576 Posts
I don't care who seeds the 1st. I just care whose half Wawa is in.
I know the RG organizers will again assist dull cheating by placing Wawa in Djoker's half, like a few years ago Federer and Djoker were ALWAYS on the same sides of the draws.
Fed and Nole were always in the same half on the HC (AO&USO) but at RG since 2005. Nole almost always landed in Rafa's half (exception being 2009. and of course 2011,2012 when they were no1&2 seeds) losing to him

2006 qf
2007 sf
2008 sf
2012 f
2013 sf

·
Registered
1,200 Posts
Num 1 and 2 are irrelevant except for psychological reasons .... Form is what is the main factor ... Rafa gets his form back and he is the fav

Num 3 and 4 also don't matter ... Just the matchup in the draw

Num 8 is the real interesting one and HUGE for whomever can get it and race still pretty wide open

If kei can keep this form up he has a great shot ... But I've been burned before hoping he will stay healthy
If tonga rediscovers his form he has also in the mix .. Another big if
Don't think Richie (back) or isner will be serious contenders

So barring something incredible from Grigor, I think Milos has the best shot ... Probably about 40%

Sent from Verticalsports.com Free App

·
Registered
9,517 Posts
I think Djokovic will be #1 at FO but IMO Rafa does not care for #1 .Maybe he does not like to spend a lot of energy before FO. I am interested in Fed why he played MC ? Did he like to see how his game is on clay with bigger racquet,to find his movement on clay or because he is going to miss Madrid or Rome? Wow many players start to find their game on clay !

·
Registered
19,156 Posts
Who cares who will be #1 and #2? It's the same thing when it comes to seeding

·
Registered
11,025 Posts
Top 2 seeds do not matter. For the record, Rafa will be the top seed at RG following successful runs in Madrid and Rome.

·
Registered
7,516 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
As of now, it looks like:

1. Nadal
2. Djokovic
3. Wawrinka
4. Federer
5. Ferrer
6. Berdych
7. Murray
8. Raonic

If Ferrer beats Djokovic, he'll surpass Federer on the list. If he wins Rome, he'll surpass Wawrinka as well.

·
ツ
7,561 Posts
As of now, it looks like:

1. Nadal
2. Djokovic
3. Wawrinka
4. Federer
5. Ferrer
6. Berdych
7. Murray
8. Raonic

If Ferrer beats Djokovic, he'll surpass Federer on the list. If he wins Rome, he'll surpass Wawrinka as well.
Very important match taking place right now then. A Federer v Djokovic quarter-final would be sweet.

·
Registered
7,156 Posts
So nole winning today will likely avoid Federer for QF.

Ferrer needs to win to be top4.

·
Registered
7,216 Posts
Am I the only one who cares more about who'll get the #32 than slight changes in top8?

·
Registered
7,516 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Am I the only one who cares more about who'll get the #32 than slight changes in top8?
That's quite interesting indeed. Post some calculations :)

·
Registered
9,517 Posts
So now no one knows how Federer and Wawrinka will play at FO. That is how Soderling beat Nadal and Wawrinka beat Nadal at AO. No one was talking about them

1 - 16 of 16 Posts