Votes: 2 2.0%
  • United States Open

Votes: 43 43.0%
1 - 20 of 71 Posts

·
Mammoths
4,710 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)

RG is definitely the 2nd most prestigious slam (at least based on history and pedigree) as well as literally the poll of which slams are the most prestigious which was on this site in some thread

Australian Open is the least, despite being a really well run tournament, simply because it was only seriously competed in since like 1990 (and I know its a very old event, but internationally it was not taken seriously for soooo long, a lot of which probably had to do with it being located across the world )
I thought this was sheer genius and wanted to put its majesty to the test.

What is the SECOND most prestigious/important/best/whatever Slam to win?

·
Registered
1,026 Posts

I thought this was sheer genius and wanted to put its majesty to the test.

What is the SECOND most prestigious/important/best/whatever Slam to win?
On topic I always viewed Wimbledon/RG/USO as equally prestigious and Australian open a tier below.

Maybe people from the anglosphere might not concede the possibility of wimbledon not being alone the 1st most prestigious, but I dont care what anglo people think.

·
Mammoths
4,710 Posts
Discussion Starter #5 (Edited)
I'm just wondering if RG will even sniff the US Open in this poll. This could be a despicable slaughter in the end.

On topic I always viewed Wimbledon/RG/USO as equally prestigious and Australian open a tier below.

Maybe people from the anglosphere might not concede the possibility of wimbledon not being alone the 1st most prestigious, but I dont care what anglo people think.

In a similar poll at TT, I did offer options for equality. It was a thread asking which Slam is the most important. Wimbledon shattered the dreams of all the other majors. It was vicious. It even smashed the equality options which honestly did surprise me.

The way people were talking, I assumed that it would be 50/50-ish between "Wimbledon" and "Some or all of them are equal" but nope, Wimbledon annihilated and obliterated the competition.

·
Registered
1,026 Posts
I'm just wondering if RG will even sniff the US Open in this poll. This could be a despicable slaughter in the end.

In a similar poll at TT, I did offer options for equality. It was a thread asking which Slam is the most important. Wimbledon shattered the dreams of all the other majors. It was vicious.

Why should wimbledon the most prestigious? How many players start up on grasscourts? almost none.

Most atp players begin playing in futures on claycourts or HC... grasscourts are dinosaurs...

Just because Australians and Brits used to play on grasscourts 200 years ago doesnt mean we should not adapt to modern times..

I watch tennis since the late 80's (yes since I was 8 years old..) and I have never understood what is special about wimbledon, might be an anglo thing.. dont know.

·
Mammoths
4,710 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Why should wimbledon the most prestigious? How many players start up on grasscourts? almost none.

Most atp players begin playing in futures on claycourts or HC... grasscourts are dinosaurs...

Just because Australians and Brits used to play on grasscourts 200 years ago doesnt mean we should not adapt to modern times..
Most people didn't give many specific reasons. I was surprised by how badly the Wimbledon option smashed the equality options. I expected Wimbledon to do well but that more people would have it in mind that either some or all of the majors are equally important.

The Australian Open still gets the raw end of the deal. Also, I doubt even 20% of the people who voted were British.

The popular opinion was that Wimbledon rules all. There was I think 1 vote for the US Open and RG above Wimbledon also.

If Roger would have 9 rg instead of nadal it would be considered the number 1
Also, No.

·
Registered
1,026 Posts
Classic dulltard response. So obsessed with Federer, always feeling the need to include him in any discussion... Dulltards are the worst trolls I have ever seen.
go back to your cave kid, sorry I meant mommy's basement.

·
Registered
1,026 Posts
Most people didn't give many specific reasons. I was surprised by how badly the Wimbledon option smashed the equality options. I expected Wimbledon to do well but that more people would have it in mind that either some or all of the majors are equally important.

The Australian Open still gets the raw end of the deal. Also, I doubt even 20% of the people who voted were British.

The popular opinion was that Wimbledon rules all. There was I think 1 vote for the US Open and RG above Wimbledon also.

Also, No.
I dont mean british, But english speakers usually tend to look up at Wimbledon, specially Brits, Aussies, Kiwees, Americans and Canadians. Although several americans seem to highly support the US open but at the end they would concede that WImbledon is the most important. If I played modern tennis I rather win the US open than Wimbledon.

·
Mammoths
4,710 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I dont mean british, But english speakers usually tend to look up at Wimbledon, specially Brits, Aussies, Kiwees, Americans and Canadians. Although several americans seem to highly support the US open but at the end they would concede that WImbledon is the most important. If I played modern tennis I rather win the US open than Wimbledon.
OK, but The North Americans have their own Slam and so do the Aussies. I still bet only 50% of the voters were comprised of people from those nations.

The opinions of the players contribute to the aura of Wimbledon. Even in the modern day, Federer, Djokovic and Murray have all seen it as the event to win. Roddick and Hewitt were the same. Most of the great players from the last 10-15 years have viewed Wimbledon as the Slam to win. Even though Nadal loves clay and treasures RG, even he has a special place for Wimbledon and it's probably the second most important Slam to him.

·
Registered
1,026 Posts
OK, but The North Americans have their own Slam and so do the Aussies. I still bet only 50% of the voters were comprised of people from those nations.

The opinions of the players contribute to the aura of Wimbledon. Even in the modern day, Federer, Djokovic and Murray have all seen it as the event to win. Roddick and Hewitt were the same. Most of the great players from the last 10-15 years have viewed Wimbledon as the Slam to win. Even though Nadal loves clay and treasures RG, even he has a special place for Wimbledon and it's probably the second most important Slam to him.
Many of those are driven by political correctness.. They are going to say Wimbledon because thats what the die-hard 99 years old fanbase wanna hear.. its the tennis tradition.. win the championship ..put the suite and make a fake smile....

But in reality they dont give a freaking damn.. I bet they would take the slam that is paying the higher amount of money..

·
Mammoths
4,710 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Many of those are driven by political correctness.. They are going to say Wimbledon because thats what the die-hard 99 years old fanbase wanna hear.. its the tennis tradition.. win the championship ..put the suite and make a fake smile....

But in reality they dont give a freaking damn.. I bet they would take the slam that is paying the higher amount of money..
The poll was not public.

You are clutching at straws because you don't personally agree with the idea. You have perfectly valid reasons for disagreeing with the majority, but that doesn't mean they didn't honestly believe their opinion to be the truth. To assume that is woefully arrogant IMO.

·
Registered
1,026 Posts
The poll was not public.

You are clutching at straws because you don't personally agree with the idea. You have perfectly valid reasons for disagreeing with the majority, but that doesn't mean they didn't honestly believe their opinion to be the truth. To assume that is woefully arrogant IMO.
There is no logic to support that wimbledon is still the most prestigious one. If anything It should be US open, followed by RG, then wimbledon and finally the AO.

·
Mammoths
4,710 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
There is no logic to support that wimbledon is still the most prestigious one. If anything It should be US open, followed by RG, then wimbledon and finally the AO.
Religion isn't necessarily logical but many of us are religious.

Maybe we should ask most of the top players why they truly chase the Wimbledon title more than the others. I think that of the Big Four (Trifecta + Andy Murray) probably only Nadal will rate a certain Slam above Wimbledon. We could question their logic, but they apparently still truly think and believe it.

Also, why should Wimbledon be ahead of the AO?

all slams are equal. stop these pathetic thread

My apologies, I'll try to make better threads in the future.

Marat is still grossly overrated though.

·
Registered
1,026 Posts
all slams are equal. stop these pathetic thread
Not in MTF. The slam that wins the most often federer is the most prestigious, classy, an act of god. And the slam that is won the most often by rafa is a mickey mouse tournament that has no relevance and competition. Thats the logic of the tards such as Jowilly, Slade/Baron Ridelin and company

·
Banned
858 Posts
Its between Ao and USO:
1. Rg
2-3. USO-AO
4.Rome
5. Monte Carlo
Wimby is by far the least prestigious mandatory event in calendar. Glorified exho aka tribute to some old as fuck and useless traditions. Wimby and Davis cup are like infected limbs which will be amputated very soon from healthy tennis body. Only british clowns who are still has Margaret Tatcher' posters on their places and ultra fedtards can defend the fucking excuse of tournament which is Wimbedon.

·
Registered
1,026 Posts
Religion isn't necessarily logical but many of us are religious.

Maybe we should ask most of the top players why they truly chase the Wimbledon title more than the others. I think that of the Big Four (Trifecta + Andy Murray) probably only Nadal will rate a certain Slam above Wimbledon. We could question their logic, but they apparently still truly think and believe it.

Also, why should Wimbledon be ahead of the AO?

Because there is already a more prestigious event in HC called US Open.

·
Mammoths
4,710 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Wimbledon didn't magically become the most prestigious Slam in the eyes of most when Federer started winning it. Federer winning 9 RG would not make RG the most prestigious Slam in the eyes of the majority. You overrate the power of Fedtardness.

Because there is already a more prestigious event in HC called US Open.
OK, but given the distribution of surfaces on the tour, HC deserves a second major, and there are so many slower HC tournaments that the AO becomes very relevant and valid compared to Wimbledon.

1 - 20 of 71 Posts