Mens Tennis Forums banner

1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
13,155 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
There was a very heated exchange of words early in the 1st but Mark showed who has more class.

:worship:

·
Registered
1,249 Posts
lol, did you go.. what exactly happened?

That punk kid Brydan Klein needs a good kick up the arse!!

·
Registered
13,155 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Mark was mad. Klein was being a real prick early on then Mark just lost it, jumped the net and all.

Spoke to Mark after the match and he aint to happy to be playing this I tells ya.

·
Registered
1,627 Posts
Four-letter insult fires up Philippoussis
December 16, 2007

A FOUR-LETTER insult from fiery Australian Open junior champion Brydan Klein last night prompted an unprecedented outburst from Mark Philippoussis, who challenged the 17-year-old to repeat the words and accused him of a lack of respect.

Klein was heard to tell the former world No. 8 and dual grand slam finalist to "f--- off" after Philippoussis had broken his serve with a fine drop volley for 4-2 in the first set. The usually unflappable Philippoussis reacted furiously, telling Klein, among other things, that "you're not playing juniors any more".

Philippoussis described the incident as "nothing" after the 6-3, 7-5 win on the opening night of the Australian Open wildcard play-off, insisting that "it was fun to be out there".

When pressed on whether he had been upset by Klein's comment, he said: "I'm just really happy to be back on the court."

Although the pair shared a handshake at the net afterwards, perhaps the best barometer of Philippoussis' mood came in his reaction to match point, when he raised his arms and turned to his chilly entourage to bellow what sounded suspiciously like "the old man won".

Klein had joked after the draw the previous day about Philippoussis' recent loss to 48-year-old John McEnroe in a seniors match, and suggested that he had nothing to lose against a player he suggested did not deserve a wildcard ahead of the younger generation if he did not earn it via the play-off.

Now 31, and unranked except for his temporary protected slot of 119th, Philippoussis must back up again today, against 20-year-old Samuel Groth, ranked 341, who defeated 131st-ranked Alun Jones.

Klein's remark was not the only indignity during a night in which he was forced to fetch his own balls - and on the vast surrounds of court two, no less - for probably the first time since his junior days. Fewer than 100 people were there for the start of a match delayed until evening by rain, and fewer still were there when it ended.
Well I guess Brydan Klein is really asking for it, Funny thing is he will probably get a wildcard.

·
Registered
13,155 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Dude showed no respect out there.

Mark scared the shit out of him and was an angel after that.

Great to see Mark back on court.

·
Anastasia Komananov, KGB
53,509 Posts
Wow - Klein is an arrogant little fucker isn't he.

Philippoussis may or may not be washed up but the kid should show a bit more respect to a twice grand slam finalist who might not like being there but is prepared to slum it if he has to, to get entry to the Australian Open.

Sorta glad Mark won.

·
Registered
1,249 Posts
lol, he jumped the net!

hahaha... could've imagined the reaction on Klein! lol, you really don't want a 6'5 pissed off man-mountain coming at you during a match. I've only seen the footage of Mark threatening him with "Say that to me again and you'll be in trouble. You ain't playing juniors anymore!" ... i hope they get footage of the whole incident.

i loved hearing Mark's reaction after match point... "whoopa, the old man won!''

·
29,926 Posts
Drop shots are pretty cheap, cant blame Klein for his reaction, sounds like Mark might be on roids or something..roid rage?

·
Registered
1,249 Posts
Drop shots are pretty cheap
This would have to be one of the most ridiculous comments i have read! hahahaha... it was a drop volley, which is not a "cheap" shot, rather takes good hands and skill you fool!

·
Registered
13,155 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Where did you see the footage? I wanna see it agian.

I was hyped!

·
Banned
95,412 Posts
:lol: was this that young Aussie who said he was gonna be No.1 and win all the slams in a few years, or something like that

typical Aussie's - All mouth, as usual.

Xristos said:
Where did you see the footage? I wanna see it agian.

I was hyped!
You should have jumped on him, held him down while Mark kicked his ass ;)

·
29,926 Posts
This would have to be one of the most ridiculous comments i have read! hahahaha... it was a drop volley, which is not a "cheap" shot, rather takes good hands and skill you fool!
If it was a drop volley, then obviously it wasnt cheap, I thought I read it was a drop shot.

·
MTF. Never changes!
10,054 Posts
Ahh so this is what Klein is like. When I saw him he looked out of it. I don't remember him being jerky but then my player beat him [muahaha!]. Woo, go Mark.

1 - 20 of 32 Posts