Mens Tennis Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
970 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Last week when looking into a few of the matches I stumbled across Scoville Jenkins and his website. Quite a professional website considering he has never done anything at ATP level, so I was wondering is he worth the hype?

Also, what are his major strengths and will he ever break into the top 20 say? Im fairly new to the challenger level in tennis I guess and have never seen him play :help:

·
_._._._._._
72,524 Posts
He's actually impressed me every time I've seen him.

No chance of top 20 now though, he'll have the odd good result here and there. Pretty powerful guy but too inconsistent.

Nice lad though, he was very pleasant when I met him.

·
Registered
2,750 Posts
He is one of the nicest guys around, he has a huge serve and power game, but he is way too inconsistent His serve regulary tops 140 mph's.His talent level is top 20 material, but I'd be surprised if he ever got there.

·
Registered
3,158 Posts
won the national championship here in 2004, got the WC into USO and got DESTROYED by Roddick, then stood a chance against Nadal the next year.

·
Your visions will happen
47,132 Posts
hes a really great guy, but as said before, waaay too inconsistent. top 20 is probably out of the question, but top 300 is his first goal as he is (checks siggie) 324 at the moment

·
Fed Fo Mod
11,233 Posts
I have seen him in person and he just doesn't have the groundstrokes to be top 20. It's not just that he is inconsistent (he is), but he just doesn't have good enough form and mechanics to hold up on a regular basis against ATP top 50 competition.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts