Mens Tennis Forums banner

1 - 20 of 61 Posts

·
Registered
19,451 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Wow...how impressive was this kid today with his consistent 130mph serves?

Scoville = 17 Aces

:worship:

Does anyone know anymore about this kid?

·
Registered
4,369 Posts
wow! Go Jenkins

I don't know much about him but will be interested to learn about him

·
Registered
1,332 Posts
well at least he's proving he deserves the WC to the US Open!! Go scoville

p.s. that kid has a crap name!! :mad:

·
Registered
19,451 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
He almost blew the match by double faulting 3 times while serving for the match but recovered nicely from break point and won the next two points. Impressive to say the least.

·
Registered
6,833 Posts
Wow a Young American having sucess...about time.

·
Registered
17,866 Posts
Yes, me and AJ know about him. We are both big fans of his and have been discussing him in his support thread in the Team USA forum. There have also been a few discussion threads about him here in the General Forum (smucav was not the only person who posted relevant info in those threads).

He is definitely someone worth keeping an eye on. Go Sco! :D

·
Premium Member
24,626 Posts
What a wasted chance to do well in this tournament, Jarkko!

·
Registered
10,023 Posts
good for him! i'd really like to see him play sometime :D

·
Registered
4,786 Posts
I wonder what the weather was like there today. Nieminen doesn't seem like a guy that likes the heat. Jenkins is from the South and grew up playing in these kind of conditions. The heat can help a player like Jenkins or Ginepri against a guy who spends a lot more time in cooler conditions.

·
Registered
1,403 Posts
Scoville unlike Donald Young is cutting his teeth on the challenger circuit...now he gets a good win!! That says something about working your way up instead of getting WC into tournies...I know Scoville has a WC for the US Open, but Americans give WC to their up and coming players.

·
Registered
19,451 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
SwissMister1 said:
I wonder what the weather was like there today. Nieminen doesn't seem like a guy that likes the heat. Jenkins is from the South and grew up playing in these kind of conditions. The heat can help a player like Jenkins or Ginepri against a guy who spends a lot more time in cooler conditions.

no excuses, it's tennis

·
Registered
19,451 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
If Scoville can serve and play like that against Robredo, I give him a serious shot at the upset...

·
Registered
7,758 Posts
WOW!!! :eek: Huge win for Scoville. Good job :yeah:

·
Fed Fo Mod
11,233 Posts
Wow has this kid come a LONG way. Remember his match against Roddick last year at the USO? I didn't think he would ever be able to compete at the ATP level because in that match, Roddick basically let him win a couple of games. Congrats Scoville. I hope he makes some noise at the USO.

·
Premium Member
24,626 Posts
NYCtennisfan said:
Remember his match against Roddick last year at the USO?
Yes I remember, and that's at the same time the last thing I've heard of him *g*
(I also must note that I'm not a big daily follower of Futures or Challengers, so I have heard nothing about him since then)

·
Registered
17,866 Posts
um, no. Actually Scoville has done a lot in 2005, but he's done it quietly and methodically (and its kind of hard for a young, black American kid on the tour to get much ink behind the Donald Young juggernaut). By working his tail off on the Futures and Challenger circuit, he has steadily increased his ranking every week since the USO last year. He is developing his game at the proper pace, to accomodate his still growing physique. I have spoken to his father and his coach and they are both very conscious of bringing him along the right way so that he doesn't burn out and he doesn't get overwhelmed by it all. He's been a practice partner for the DC team, and the guys seemed to like him a lot, so they kind of keep an eye on him. I saw him play in Aptos and I was very impressed with him.

·
Fed Fo Mod
11,233 Posts
To win an ATP level match and get good consistent reuslts on the Futures ciruit means a lot of work put in by this kid. I know that match against Roddick wasn't much to go by because he was nervous, he was playing an entirely different calibre of player, etc. but his trokes just looked off and fundamentally flawed. NOw he's won an ATP level match. Much to be proud of.

1 - 20 of 61 Posts