Mens Tennis Forums banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
14,409 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
It's so annoying. Why is ATP or the guys who run their website unable to guarantee a reliable scoreboard for their tournaments. This is TMS Indian Wells and not some Future in the middle of nowhere. I cannot remember how long this scoreboard struggle is even going on. They should just sack these idiots and employ some competent guys. If I suck at my job, I get fired as well...:rolleyes:

Just look at Dallas Challenger for example. They offered even livestream in a brillant way. There has to be sth. wrong for sure.

·
Registered
97,309 Posts
Yes, it is bloody annoying. For example my net connection is too slow for streams, I need a silly livescore.

Bunch of twats.

·
Registered
27,321 Posts
I bought a tournament pass but my 2 buck Australian internet is too slow to even watch it.

·
Registered
244 Posts
It's so annoying. Why is ATP or the guys who run their website unable to guarantee a reliable scoreboard for their tournaments. This is TMS Indian Wells and not some Future in the middle of nowhere. I cannot remember how long this scoreboard struggle is even going on. They should just sack these idiots and employ some competent guys. If I suck at my job, I get fired as well...:rolleyes:

Just look at Dallas Challenger for example. They offered even livestream in a brillant way. There has to be sth. wrong for sure.
Actually it is in the middle of nowhere. It is in freaking desert :devil:

·
♤23♤
32,996 Posts
dan tardie... imagine he becomes a highly ranked tennis player and we get a new fan group on MTF, the Tardietards :lol:

·
Registered
73,673 Posts

i agree with you, mate :yeah:

·
Gugaholic
84,779 Posts

I think atp needs the tournament site provide the feed of live score and if they didn't get it, they didn't.

I have problem with the organisers of Indian Wells. The volunteers there are doing excellent job to make the tournament wonderful for visitors there but those with the power to run the tournament, those sitting in airconditioning offices and making the decisions are just terrible. Just like Mr. Disney.

·
Banned
31,496 Posts
I'll tell you what is happening.

Scoreboard operators at Indian Wells are deliberately holding back the scores for their own financial gain. For example, you notice the scoreboard always stops at break point or at 0-30........the scoreboard operators at this point clean up the markets on betfair as they know the score before anyone else and thus have a big advantage over other gamblers. This happens alot on outside courts which has no cameras. I would bet the people working the scoreboards are earning a fortune.

Hope this helps.

·
Your visions will happen
50,972 Posts
I'll tell you what is happening.

Scoreboard operators at Indian Wells are deliberately holding back the scores for their own financial gain. For example, you notice the scoreboard always stops at break point or at 0-30........the scoreboard operators at this point clean up the markets on betfair as they know the score before anyone else and thus have a big advantage over other gamblers. This happens alot on outside courts which has no cameras. I would bet the people working the scoreboards are earning a fortune.

Hope this helps.
that is actually not a bad idea.....

1 - 20 of 21 Posts