Mens Tennis Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1,219 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Up and down, up and down match. Can be described as power beating all kinds of quirky skills.

Mayer seems to have lost all the penetration he had but still has all kinds of slices (was slicing half the time from both sides), jumping backhand dropshots, pushing and basically waiting for Basilashvili errors.

They came but not in such numbers to win the match. Probably 80% of points ended with Basilashvili shots.

The first set - exremely one sided. Then Bailashvili was up 6-2, 3-1 and Break points but couldn't take, was broken, 4-4, 0-40 on Mayer serve - 5 straight to Mayer. The next game, same with Basilashvili. then again at 5-6 and finally broken for 5-7.

Basilashvili starts the final set with a break and goes 5-1 up, broken at 5-2, has 0-40 (3 Match Points) on Mayer serve but can't take, and finally wins only 6-4.

Basilashvili top 100 a matter of weeks. Maybe this week if he takes the tourney. Only downside is that he won't be able to play Hamburg qualies which he intended I guess.

Mayer will have a problem once his PR's run out. Not sure how many he has still..

Edit: I forgot but someone can add the name of the tournament and round.? Scheveningen CH R2

·
Banned
6,801 Posts
Re: Basilashvili bt F.Mayer 6-2 5-7 6-4

Basilashvili is promising player I think. Nice and clean groundstrokes.

·
MONSOON season.
82,210 Posts

Edit: I forgot but someone can add the name of the tournament and round.? Scheveningen CH R2
You can do that yourself :lol:

Anyways, glad to see the Georgian taking this :yeah:

·
Registered
97,310 Posts

We need tournament name. I thought (judging from names) this was Bogota quarterfinal.

·
Registered
21,924 Posts
Orgasmic match-up. The only bad part is that they are probably the two best players in the draw, this should have been the final.

·
Registered
3,534 Posts

·
Registered
21,924 Posts
1 - 8 of 8 Posts