Mens Tennis Forums banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
11,293 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
If this wasn't a fix, then I don't know what is.

Nedovyesov was @1.14 before the decider. They played a DC doubles rubber on Saturday and had played a shady match a couple of months ago (that time Golubev turned the match round).

·
Registered
22,469 Posts
Re: Scheveningen CH R1: Nedovyesov def. Golubev 2-6 7-6 6-2

Betting odds were pretty much 50/50 at the start, yet Nedovyesov was a 1.27 favorite while up a mini-break in the tiebreak, problem found.

My innocent self even took a picture of their practice yesterday, unaware of their evil intentions, they were probably plotting it right under my nose :eek:

·
Registered
117 Posts
disgraceful. ned was a huge dog down a set bt odds started plummeting immediately from there. that tiebreak was such an obvious fix as well even tho they tried hard to disguise it

·
Registered
19,415 Posts
:lol: Why am I not surprised?

·
Registered
22,469 Posts
They did exactly the same in Aix en Provence two months ago, only with Golubev winning 4-6 6-4 6-3. He traded lower at 3-3 in the second set than pre-match :lol:

·
Registered
26,145 Posts
The organizers probably thought they would have a clean tournament, when they decided not to give a wildcard to Westerhof.

·
Registered
3,845 Posts
Yesterday I was asking, where are those blatant odd´s patterns from previous Umag tournaments and the correct answer is - in Scheveningen.

·
Registered
22,469 Posts

·
Banned
1,606 Posts
Golubev has so much latent talent, saw him play peak No1e few years back and even he had no answer for some of his superb, albeit rare/inconsistent, offensive play.

·
Registered
8,009 Posts
Interesting how the POS really tried to sell it in that tb. You could actually fall for it if you're not aware of the market movement. Hard to lose the set with 82% both on first/second serves won unless you purposely implode for a couple of points.

·
Registered
26,145 Posts
Maybe it is no coincidence that the dirtiest players were open to sell themselves to Kazakhstan? Apart from those two, Schukin and Korolev also have a dirty past. I hope at least Kukushkin is honest.

·
Registered
22,469 Posts
I got interviewed by a journalist and it appeared in all the big newspapers, plus it got reported to the *puke* TIU *puke*. Which doesn't say anything, because the same thing happened here after the Westerhof - v/d Duim match.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts