Mens Tennis Forums banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
#TeamThiem
3,542 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Dom will play Queens, maybe Eastbourne, then Wimbledon.

·
#TeamThiem
3,542 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
look forward to seeing how he will do on grass
Me too. I don't expect big things because his Top-Spin won't work on Grass, but we will see. He needs to find back to his old serve-form though.

·
Super Moderator
62,003 Posts
Goffin sounds like a decent draw for an opener. Tsonga next if he gets through sounds very difficult indeed.

·
Registered
1,882 Posts
Just saw Dominic in the entry lists of these tournaments. Good chance to gain more points during this second half of clay season while a lot of top guys are going to take a break after Wimbledon.

07.07.2014 Stuttgart
14.07.2014 Hamburg
27.07.2014 Kitzbühel

·
Super Moderator
62,003 Posts
Natural to play the German-Austrian clay swing, that's close to home :) Hope he can do well there :yeah:

·
Registered
21,401 Posts
He withdrew from Eastbourne, really unexpected...

He would've been a direct entrant.

·
Registered
13,800 Posts
Yeah that really surprises me. Its funny because he said after his loss to dominic that he had a long way to go on this surface, you';d think he'd want another warm up event before wimbledon.

well i guess then he's just writing wimbledon off entirely and focusing on the events after that

·
#TeamThiem
3,542 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Dominic won't play Davis Cup against Latvia. Smart move, he does the right thing :yeah: Bresnik said Austria will win anyway because Ernests won't play as well :rolls:

Dom will play Kuala Lumpur, Tokio and Shanghai.

·
Rankings Master
15,649 Posts
I see he remains on the entry lists of Tokyo-Shanghai-Vienna-Basel-Paris. This is in agreement with his facebook statement from September 15:

I took me a few days to realize how important that little break is for me. I feel mega fresh both physically and mentally for the first time since ages. Such an intense training block at home can do wonders sometimes. We also fixed my tournament schedule for the rest of my first year on the tour: Tokyo, Shanghai, Vienna, Basle, Paris. Afterwards I entered another event. The basic military service. But I feel well prepared for that after having worked with Sepp Resnik.

·
Premium Member
5,646 Posts
Austria still has military service :facepalm: Wikipedia tells me it's six months long, what will Domi do now?

·
Registered
1,576 Posts
Austria still has military service :facepalm: Wikipedia tells me it's six months long, what will Domi do now?
yes, but domi will get special treatment, since he is a professional athlete. he will have to do a basic training which lasts 4 weeks. i think this starts mid november for him. then he will get an exemption and basically will be free to practice and play tournaments as usual. at most he will have to wear a logo of the austrian army on his shirts..

·
Premium Member
5,646 Posts
yes, but domi will get special treatment, since he is a professional athlete. he will have to do a basic training which lasts 4 weeks. i think this starts mid november for him. then he will get an exemption and basically will be free to practice and play tournaments as usual. at most he will have to wear a logo of the austrian army on his shirts..
phew. Thanks for the info. It still sucks, but it's better than having 6 months.

·
Registered
13,800 Posts
well, he landed in an okay section of the draw. murray is on the other half so he'd run into ferrer to get to the final and , honestly ferrer is winnable right now. i think he can make the final

1 - 18 of 18 Posts