Mens Tennis Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Sorry for using ATPworld but WTAworld is currently down and this is an important message:

Maybe you already know that Miriam retired last Monday.
I have installed a little messageboard for her where you can say something to her. I will send it to her in a few weeks.

http://pub.alxnet.com/guestbook?id=2396923

Thanks in advance for signing in

·
Registered
5,529 Posts
thanks for informing us. i had no idea about her retirement!

·
Registered
5,529 Posts
Miriam Oremans announces retirement from Sanex WTA Tour
September 16, 2002

Getty Images

Washington D.C. – On the occasion of her 30th birthday, Miriam Oremans of the Netherlands officially announced her retirement from professional tennis.

“I’d like to thank my fellow players, tournament directors and staff, the Sanex WTA Tour team and the many other friends I made over the past wonderful 13 years of my career,” said Oremans. “I feel most fortunate that I was able to discover the world playing a sport that will always be a part of my life. If I had to do it all over again, I would not change a thing.”

Oremans, who achieved career-best Sanex WTA Tour world rankings of No. 25 in singles and No. 19 in doubles, reached five singles finals, won three doubles titles and was a mixed doubles finalist at Wimbledon.

She earned an Olympic silver medal in doubles in 2000 and was a member of the Dutch Fed Cup team for 12 consecutive years. Oremans won 289 singles matches during the course of her career and scored victories over several of the Tour’s top players including Martina Navratilova, Jana Novotna, Pam Shriver, Amanda Coetzer and Anke Huber. She was nominated for the 1994 Sanex WTA Tour Karen Krantzcke Sportsmanship Award.

·
Registered
5,529 Posts

:wavey: bye-bye Miriam! ;)

1 - 5 of 5 Posts