Mens Tennis Forums banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
21,275 Posts
Rooting for him or Donaldson to get a WC.

·
~♥ Magnus Norman ♥~
3,328 Posts
He's doing so well! Already at a career high of #450, the win today will send him into the 380s. As well as giving him the lead in the RG wildcard race (though his closest competitor is also in the SFs).

All of the Savannah semifinalists are riding career-high rankings, actually: Chung at #107, Fratangelo at #165, McGee at #169, Tiafoe at #450. Last year's champion and finalist (Kyrgios and Sock) are both in the top 50 now, so these four guys are going to be hoping to follow their lead.

·
MONSOON season.
82,208 Posts
Tiafoe or Donaldson winning the WC would certainly be better than last year's outcome :lol:

·
Registered
1,787 Posts
These are the kinds of challengers that are fun to attend. You've truly got some huge stars in the making in the semis of this event.

·
Registered
1,787 Posts
Also, if 17 year old Tiafoe winds up with the French Open Wild Card after fighting off match points in his first qualifying match just last week, it will be one of the more amazing accomplishments that I've witnessed. I'm definitely a fan of this kid already.

·
~♥ Magnus Norman ♥~
3,328 Posts
These are the kinds of challengers that are fun to attend. You've truly got some huge stars in the making in the semis of this event.
Last year Savannah's final was Kyrgios vs. Sock. Now both are in the top 50. And this year all of the semifinalists are at career highs and rising. I don't know what it was like before last year, but I'm quite impressed. If I happen to be in Georgia this time next year (unlikely, but you never know), I'd definitely check them out.

·
~♥ Magnus Norman ♥~
3,328 Posts
Is this kid's name really Frances? I though that was the female version of Francis? Can someone enlighten me
Yes, it's really Frances. It was misspelled Francis by ATP/other tennis people for a long time, but he recently corrected the record. And yeah, usually the "Frances" spelling is used for girls, but it doesn't have to be.

·
Registered
474 Posts
Tiafoe's not on Chung's level yet which is understandable since he's younger.
This would be a dual of the weird forehands.
Tiafoe is not on Chung's level but he has already won matches against players that are better ranked and on paper should beat him and he seems to be mentally strong so you can never write him off. Tiafoe vs Chung would be a cool final between two guys that we will most likely hear alot of in the future. Both of them have weird forehands but I like the fact that Tiafoe is aggressive minded and go for a lot of winners and his forehand is powerful.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts