Mens Tennis Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Banned
12,122 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Huge domination. Kyrgios opened odds against on pinny only to finish 1.30ish, genuine swing though (imho)

·
Banned
5,616 Posts
Re: Savannah SF Kyrgios d. Bagnis 6-3 6-4

Bagnis was beyond pathetic, spraying from left and right :facepalm: Both have absolutely atrocious bh :haha:
Hard days to be a tennis fan with this week results :( Tennis and humanity is on life support with finals like Sock-Kyrgis :tape:

·
~♥ Magnus Norman ♥~
3,328 Posts
Kyrgios's outbursts on court continue to make me laugh. He's a lot of fun to watch.

Today, he'd thrown his racquet before 2 games were finished (went 0/5 on BPs in his first return game).

And then there was his frustrated yell at himself, "Can you hit one ball to his backhand, PLEASE?"

And then there was the time Bagnis lost a point and screamed at himself, and Nick apparently didn't like that, so he hit an ace and screamed "COME ON!" right at Bagnis.

The outcome of this match was NID - Kyrgios was obviously the better player throughout - but it was hella fun to watch, lol.

·
ツ
7,561 Posts
Huge domination. Kyrgios opened odds against on pinny only to finish 1.30ish, genuine swing though (imho)
There was a point where Kyrgios wasn't favourite for this match?

He had just won the adjoining Challenger and has been dominating his matches this week.

9-match winning streak immediately upon return. :dance:

·
Banned
12,122 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
There was a point where Kyrgios wasn't favourite for this match?
nope, I was referring to pre-match movements. opening lines were quite wrong for this one.

·
Banned
12,122 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Sorry, I don't understand much about betting. What does odds against mean?
It's an expression to say that an event is more likely not to happen than yes, that is having esitamated chances of success of below 50%. In Kyrgios' case the bookie's guess was precisely 49.5% for Kyrgios to win the match then as the start off time approached this line had changed to 68.9% chances of success for Kyrgios.

·
ツ
7,561 Posts
It's an expression to say that an event is more likely not to happen than yes, that is having esitamated chances of success of below 50%. In Kyrgios' case the bookie's guess was precisely 49.5% for Kyrgios to win the match then as the start off time approached this line had changed to 68.9% chances of success for Kyrgios.
Thanks for explaining that. :)

AH I just realised the confusion. My choice of words was atrocious! I meant a point in time, not a point in the match! So, my question was meant to be: "There was a time where Kyrgios wasn't favourite for this match?". And as the answer to that is yes, that is ridiculous by bookies.

·
Banned
9,211 Posts
Re: Savannah SF Kyrgios d. Bagnis 6-3 6-4

Bagnis was beyond pathetic, spraying from left and right :facepalm: Both have absolutely atrocious bh :haha:
Hard days to be a tennis fan with this week results :( Tennis and humanity is on life support with finals like Sock-Kyrgis :tape:
Youre-stupid

1 - 12 of 12 Posts