Mens Tennis Forums banner

1 - 20 of 43 Posts

·
Registered
11,290 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Sock lost to what was left from Kyrgios. North America's No. #2 prospect displayed two worst slices in the Open Era while down set points in the last two sets, so Kyrgos didn't even have to step up.

·
~♥ Magnus Norman ♥~
3,328 Posts
An injured groin has to be the worst injury to pick up on your 19th birthday.

But a title should console Kyrgios somewhat. ;)

·
Registered
11,827 Posts
Better player and human being won! Kyrgios at the doors of top 150 (1 point behind).

·
Banned
12,122 Posts
Sock is going down Querrey's road before even going up. This was really beyond pathetic, Kyrgios didn't even sit at changeover at the end of the 1st becaue of the groin issue and I though he was going to retire.

·
Banned
5,616 Posts
Great match between two great humans. Hope we'll see* this matchup much more times in next 15 years in Challenger circuit, where they both belong to :)

·
Registered
21,275 Posts
Better human being won.

·
~♥ Magnus Norman ♥~
3,328 Posts
You can retire now, Sock. We have seen enough.
He's already made $157,975 in 2014, plus whatever he earned from making the Savannah final. Even taking into account the expenses of being a tennis player, that's probably more than he could earn somewhere else. Doubt he's going to retire while he's still making that kind of money for 4 months work.

·
Registered
67,452 Posts
amazing result again from nick. congratsssssssss

·
Registered
19,156 Posts
Couldn't both lose? :(

·
Banned
12,122 Posts
Nicholas Kyrgios ‏@NickKyrgios 7m
I have a slight abductor strain which is painful but I hope to be okay for Tallahassee next week so I can keep this run going. #NKrising

·
Registered
13,800 Posts
sucks that nick got another injury so soon after coming back from one. hopefully, like he said he'll be okay for next week.

very happy he won this. sock is just one disgusting tennis player and it would have sucked if he was the one who ended nick's run

·
Registered
5,293 Posts
Can't understand why a great fighter and player like Kyrgios has already so many haters. I didn't think he'd pull this off with the terrible stats on serve he had for 1 set and half :D

·
Registered
2,215 Posts
Can't understand why a great fighter and player like Kyrgios has already so many haters. I didn't think he'd pull this off with the terrible stats on serve he had for 1 set and half :D
thinking the same....
dont know why some people expekt a guy who just turned 19 to be already a grown up gentleman

·
Registered
2,987 Posts
Nick :banana: :rocker: :banana: Great 2 weeks been for him hoping he can keep up this form

Jack :hug: Tough lost but still an decent week

1 - 20 of 43 Posts