Mens Tennis Forums banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Banned
8,651 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok i went today and managed to get onto one of the courts to take some photos (court 6). There are no seats anyway at queens apart from the 3 courts with stands (so it means you have to stand up on every other court, but people block off the entrances to the courts). Anyway i asked someone where you are meant to sit and they said on the grass lol, so i went onto the court and sat down with my camera and no one bothered me (maybe with my camera they thought i wasnt a joker).

Anyway here are the photos:

Always nice to see fans under 70 lol! It seems the tournaments i have been to like surbiton and full of old biddies. But there were alot of younger fans at queens; even teeny boppers like 14-17.

I left early because i thought they were only playing 4/8 second round qualies. But they played all 8 damn :(

Was gonna go back tomorrow but then i noticed only 1 match per a court :eek: so probably abit of a waste going there. The practice courts arent accessable really, to many blocking them off (its impossible to get through with a bag let alone a camera and monpod on your shoulder).

·
Registered
12,941 Posts
Thnax for the Novak Djokovic pix :kiss:

·
Premium Member
8,972 Posts
They probably assumed you were media or whatever-your cam looks very professional. Surbiton was empty with out you :D! Nice photos though :yeah:

·
Premium Member
8,972 Posts
Seems weird to think Roland Garros is still going-whilst I am at Surbiton already.. and then there's others at Queens already :)!

·
Banned
8,651 Posts
Discussion Starter #5 (Edited)
It wasnt until i saw every spectator stand on the the road watching (that i realised it was only press/players allowed on the court). I spoke to djokovics coach to ask where we can sit and he said he was thinking the same thing (so he said probably on the grass, so i just followed him on there lol). Alot of security walked past too, maybe they will be strict for the maindraw though. But on some of the courts its blatant that you know what your doing by going onto the court when your not press.

But i continued going on there anyway, i will until i get told otherwise lol! I may try it on another court tomorrow and see if it works.

·
Banned
8,651 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Will be going on tuesday, wednesday and thursday (although it seems all the matches are played on court 1 + 2 (the stadium courts) so i wont be able to get many photos unless im front row. Court 2, the seats are located high up, so you cant shoot normally anyway. Ill probably get some more of players practicing though

·
Registered
10 Posts
If it's possible, I would be also charmed to have some photographs of Nicolas Mahut! I'm the webmastrice of his site. Some photographs would be the welcomes because I'm remaking it completely...Thank you for which is already in this topic, if you are agree I could put them on the site.

·
Registered
25 Posts
Hi for those who might be interested Novak Djokovic will be at the Liverbird Developments Liverpool International this week from 8 - 12th June. I will be meeting him at Liverpool Station later.
Also at Liverpool is Ivan Ljubicic as well as others.

For more information please visit the website

www.liverpooltennis.co.uk

And for those close enough why not visit Calderstones Park in Liverpool to watch some great tennis - tickets are still available for the starting days though the weekend is sold out.

Dendy

·
Registered
10 Posts
joeb_uk said:
Sure! i have some other photos i will post on here too. or i can email them to you.
You can send me a mail to this address: [email protected] Thanks a lot !!

I see that you have orders more and more... Your photographs are very beautiful! Congratulations... :)

PS : Xcuz my english...

·
Banned
8,651 Posts
Discussion Starter #18

This was taken from the stands on court 3 (so it is possible to get some ok shots from the stands lol). I was standing by the baseline, on the entrance of court (opposite). so i was quite a way from todd reid, so had to use the full 300mm (and then crop).

·
Banned
8,651 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
UNI is now finished :woohoo: my plans are to go queens the next three days (then i have got a press pass for eastbourne wta, which means i will go the full 8 days). :woohoo: no more fucking exams and stress

·
Registered
17,866 Posts
anymore pics?

1 - 20 of 24 Posts