3K views 97 replies 15 participants last post by  TheBoiledEgg 
#1 ·
Ferrero v. Moya coming up on Center Court

#52 ·
Unforced error for Ferrero 15-0
Unforced error for Moya now 15-15
Unforced error for Moya with the bh 15-30
Bad return for Ferrero 30-30
It would be nice to see a ball in play here...
Finally! Big forehand down the line winner for Moya. Beautiful play! 40-30
Huge serve to Juanqui´s body, return to net.
Game Moya 4-4

#56 ·
Another unforced error for Ferrero. 0-15
First serve to the middle of the net. Great second serve return. Great play. 0-30
Ferrero in trouble again.
Good serve, forehand crosscourt winner. Well played! 15-30
Return winner for Moya... WOW :eek: 15-40
Moya tries the passing shot, late swing. 30-40
Double fault. :rolleyes:
Game Moya 5-4

#59 ·
The problem with Ferrero´s serve is that he went for aces on ALL the first serves this game. Terrible decision, considering Moya is having a party time with his second serve.
Result: he had to force the second serve on a breakpoint and... the rest is history.

#62 ·
Moya serving for the match

Match Complete: C. Moya d. J.C. Ferrero 6-3, 6-4

Juan Carlos was intimidated from the start, but with a bad netcord and a bad call on the second double fault, it was all Moya today. Moya didn't have many mental lapses, and when he did they were short. He was too confident for Ferrero and I'm sure is happy to avenge that previous hard court loss.

I'm disappointed in Juan Carlos, but what can you do? He's played long matches and came out waaaay too slow.

#63 ·
Moya serves for the match and the place in the finals.
Ferrero puts a high ball on his defense, Moya with an easy overhead. 15-0
Ferrero risks, hitting with all his power. Moya not focused hits the backhand to the moon 15-15
Bad return 30-15
Moya is just too much right now! Awesome winner with the forehand down the line! 40-15
Another bad return
Game set match Carlos Moya! :bounce:

#69 ·
Match stats
Carlos Moya vs Juan Carlos Ferrero
First serves in 65% vs 62%
Aces 1 vs 2
Double Faults 0 vs 2
Winners 21 vs 11
Unforced Errors 19 vs 19
Break points 2/3 vs 0/0

#75 ·
TennisHack said:
Hitman, what can you do when your opponent hits more than amazing return winners on your serve? You have to go for broke, unfortunately he got a tight call that didn't go his way.
You keep your first serve in and deep. And you try variating your serve. If your opponent keeps on hitting return winners, then its all his merit;
Juanqui went for it on ALL the serves in that game. You cant do that. Thats what I meant. :)

Dont get me wrong, Ferrero surprised me this week. He corrected his major fault on hard courts, his positioning. Today, though, things were not good and he went back to the wrong one. It happens. The tournament should leave great expectations about his UsOpen performance.
Carlos played too good today. :)

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.