Mens Tennis Forums banner

81 - 98 of 98 Posts

·
Registered
4,430 Posts
I dont wanna act like a broken disk, so please let me know if Im being one... :eek:

I agree with you, TH. He was indeed desperate and out of solution. BUT he was on that road before and he was a lot smarter. Did he try any kick serve, to get a high bounce back there and make Moya hit it on his unconfortable zone? I dont remember that happening. It was a bad day, Moya was hot and he didnt find a solution. And then he went for aces on despair. Imo, thats not the good solution, unless you are a Taylor Dent, a Goran Ivanisevic or a Pete Sampras.
:)

And about his chances on the Open, Im really curious to see his draw. If he can get some fair opponents for the first two rounds, he will build confidence and then everything can happen. I would love to see a spaniard winning that thing or getting to the second week. Just for the obvious reason, you know... ;)

·
Registered
10,038 Posts
Discussion Starter #84
hitman said:
I agree with you, TH. He was indeed desperate and out of solution. BUT he was on that road before and he was a lot smarter. Did he try any kick serve, to get a high bounce back there and make Moya hit it on his unconfortable zone? I dont remember that happening. It was a bad day, Moya was hot and he didnt find a solution. And then he went for aces on despair. Imo, thats not the good solution, unless you are a Taylor Dent, a Goran Ivanisevic or a Pete Sampras.
:)
I'm not disagreeing with you, hitman. I'm just saying I sat here and watched it and that's what I saw. Juan Carlos made some bad decisions, but I'm pretty sure he felt he had no choice.

And about his chances on the Open, Im really curious to see his draw. If he can get some fair opponents for the first two rounds, he will build confidence and then everything can happen. I would love to see a spaniard winning that thing or getting to the second week. Just for the obvious reason, you know... ;)
Well, he should be the #7 seed at the Open, but I'm not sure that will help. I'd be stoked if he made it to the second week, but I'm not going to kid myself about it either. His best result was his first year out, making it to the R16 (or was that his second year?). He's resting next week and training the week before the open, so I hope he can take some confidence in and of course I hope he gets a nice draw. I just wish his exit here in Cincinnati wasn't so deflating.

·
Registered
17,684 Posts
Carlos was just simply stunning today :bounce:

hardly any moment of the Careless Moyaat all today :D

now good luck tomorrow and kick ass

just win this Carlos !!!!

·
Registered
187 Posts
Thaks all for your commentary. Have just come in & could have gone straight to the end (& the result), but it was more fun reading it all.
Anyway, I'm in the minority being happy that Carlos is playing well and that he revenged his MC loss agains JC.
Hope he keeps up the high standard into the final.
Don't know about his performances in the Open, though do remember 2 yrs ago arriving in NY from Europe & watching his 1st 2 sets vs Todd Martin. At 2 sets up & after midnight I was too tired & slept, only to find the next morning that the Umpire called al the spectaors down to the front seats & Todd won the next 3 sets!
Of course, he did get to the final at the AO on a hard court, though the rebound ace isn't quite the same surface as the uS hard courts.

·
Registered
5,938 Posts
Now it's Juan Carlos' turn! He can't beat his fellow Spaniards now.:eek:

·
Registered
8,816 Posts
Good point Pea! He even lost to David Sanchez! :eek: Not to mention Albert and Alex. And it always seems to happen when he is on a roll. This used to be Alex's problem. I hope Juanqui gets over it, if it is a problem. :(

·
Registered
4,709 Posts
Carlos :bounce: :bounce: :bounce:

·
Registered
10,038 Posts
Discussion Starter #93
Hewitt won the second set 7-5.

Fernando went to the bathroom after the set and Hewitt got a lower back massage. I don't know that I've ever seen that before :D

·
Registered
10,038 Posts
Discussion Starter #94
Well, breaks of serve seem to do for Hewitt what double faults do for Ferrero: make he play better.

Gonzalez has died a slow death in the third set, Hewitt is up 5-2 now.

·
Registered
752 Posts
Maybe Hewitt should have gone to the bathroom and Gonzalez get a back massage. ;)

oh well :(

81 - 98 of 98 Posts