Mens Tennis Forums banner

Will you get the SARS-CoV-2 vaccine if/ when it becomes available?

• Total voters
21 - 39 of 39 Posts

·
Registered
1,663 Posts
This has nothing to do with polio. I notice that this is always the talking point around vaccines - polio and small pox. This does not contribute at all to any of the relevant questions surrounding a possible cv vaccine or any other issues with today’s schedule or harmful ingredients.
What issues and what harmful ingredients?

·
Registered
4,581 Posts
Of course.

Because it’s science. And because I know nothing about vaccines, I will rely on the people who do.
In the 1960s, psychologist Stanley Milgram conducted a series of studies on the concepts of obedience and authority, a common psychological process that is centrally involved in both, his laboratory experiments and Nazi Germany events. His experiments involved instructing study participants to deliver increasingly high-voltage shocks to an actor in another room, who would scream and eventually go silent as the shocks became stronger. The shocks weren't real, but study participants were made to believe that they were. The goal of the Milgram experiment was to test the extent of humans' willingness to obey orders from an authority figure. Participants were told by an experimenter to administer increasingly powerful electric shocks to another individual. Unbeknownst to the participants, shocks were fake and the individual being shocked was an actor. The shocks started at a relatively mild level (15 volts) but increased in 15-volt increments up to 450 volts. When the 150-volt shock was administered, the learner would cry out in pain and ask to leave the study. He would then continue crying out with each shock until the 330-volt level, at which point he would stop responding. During this process, whenever participants expressed hesitation about continuing with the study, the experimenter would urge them to go on with increasingly firm instructions, culminating in the statement, "You have no other choice, you must go on." The study ended when participants refused to obey the experimenter’s demand, or when they gave the learner the highest level of shock on the machine (450 volts). Milgram found that participants obeyed the experimenter at an astonishingly high rate: 65% of the participants gave the learner the 450-volt shock.

·
Registered
1,663 Posts
In the 1960s, psychologist Stanley Milgram conducted a series of studies on the concepts of obedience and authority, a common psychological process that is centrally involved in both, his laboratory experiments and Nazi Germany events. His experiments involved instructing study participants to deliver increasingly high-voltage shocks to an actor in another room, who would scream and eventually go silent as the shocks became stronger. The shocks weren't real, but study participants were made to believe that they were. The goal of the Milgram experiment was to test the extent of humans' willingness to obey orders from an authority figure. Participants were told by an experimenter to administer increasingly powerful electric shocks to another individual. Unbeknownst to the participants, shocks were fake and the individual being shocked was an actor. The shocks started at a relatively mild level (15 volts) but increased in 15-volt increments up to 450 volts. When the 150-volt shock was administered, the learner would cry out in pain and ask to leave the study. He would then continue crying out with each shock until the 330-volt level, at which point he would stop responding. During this process, whenever participants expressed hesitation about continuing with the study, the experimenter would urge them to go on with increasingly firm instructions, culminating in the statement, "You have no other choice, you must go on." The study ended when participants refused to obey the experimenter’s demand, or when they gave the learner the highest level of shock on the machine (450 volts). Milgram found that participants obeyed the experimenter at an astonishingly high rate: 65% of the participants gave the learner the 450-volt shock.
What's your point?

·
RAVE ON
18,510 Posts
Around ten thousand years ago some people were afraid to leave their caves to get some food because of polio. Unfortunately they are extinct now because of improper chance-risk-management.
I have no idea what you are trying to say. But I do think "people" are not yet extinct.

·
Registered
38 Posts
No, it will be as fast as possible and as safe and effective as necessary. How safe a vaccine really is can only be seen when it is in use due to the low probabilities of possible side effects.

Even a vaccine that has a 1 in 10,000 probability of causing severe side effects, which means 5,000 cases of severe side effects applied to a medium-sized country of 50,000,000 people, is more likely than not to pass a control group of 5,000 without any abnormalities at all.
Versus the probability of severe side effects of the viruses they help prevent, and the overall burden of its spread on society, do you know of a better alternative? If you have a virus with a .2-.5% death rate and an R nought of 2.5+, what would be an acceptable rate of side effects from a vaccine, for you personally?

·
justice for all
13,163 Posts
If I assess the potential gain is much higher compared to the risk behind the disease I will probably take it.
But before doing it and even though my knowledge in that area is limited I will try to read/watch as much as possible about it to find the opinions of different experts.

·
Registered
4,581 Posts
I have no idea what you are trying to say. But I do think "people" are not yet extinct.
I couldn't detect any relation between my post and yours, so I kindly assumed that you must have mixed up your words. I mean, it can happen to everybody, particularly if you are a Joe Biden supporter, so I just stuck to what my post was about, which was chance-risk management and tried to include the main word of your post.

·
RAVE ON
18,510 Posts
I couldn't detect any relation between my post and yours, so I kindly assumed that you must have mixed up your words. I mean, it can happen to everybody, particularly if you are a Joe Biden supporter, so I just stuck to what my post was about, which was chance-risk management and tried to include the main word of your post.
I still have no idea what you are talking about.

·
Registered
4,581 Posts
I still have no idea what you are talking about.
I can only add my arguments to this board and am obviously willing to expand on the facts and the general principles I based my arguments on when somebody disagrees with them. When somebody then doesn't care about the facts and the logic I've stated or misses my point completely so I have to show him where he got it wrong, I am completely fine with it. But I am obviously not trying to explain my argumentation over and over and again just because somebody isn't even able to understand the main logic behind it. I am not trying to "convert" people no matter what or anything when they have shown immunity to simple reasoning anyway.
But when things have become more clear in retrospect, which is particularly going to be the case when it comes to something like Sars-2 for instance, I don't want to hear people saying: "Oh, nobody could have predicted that back then" later, when in fact such an argumentation against their convictions has been made.

·
Registered
2,098 Posts
Discussion Starter #32
I can only add my arguments to this board and am obviously willing to expand on the facts and the general principles I based my arguments on when somebody disagrees with them. When somebody then doesn't care about the facts and the logic I've stated or misses my point completely so I have to show him where he got it wrong, I am completely fine with it. But I am obviously not trying to explain my argumentation over and over and again just because somebody isn't even able to understand the main logic behind it. I am not trying to "convert" people no matter what or anything when they have shown immunity to simple reasoning anyway.
But when things have become more clear in retrospect, which is particularly going to be the case when it comes to something like Sars-2 for instance, I don't want to hear people saying: "Oh, nobody could have predicted that back then" later, when in fact such an argumentation against their convictions has been made.
Spot on!!

Nothing to add but, this is probably the best post on anything COVID related I have seen on this board.

·
Registered
1,663 Posts
Epilepsy, impaired brain function, auto immune diseases, allergies, SIDS to name a few.

As for the harmful ingredients read for yourself - especially of concern heavy metals and aborted fetal tissue.
So let's take epilepsy. What is the source for this (asked you about sources before and I believe you still haven't gotten back to me)? The only study I have found, claims that children with epilepsy have higher rates of seizures (medically attended seizures weren't increased though) after vaccinations than those with epilepsy that weren't vaccinated. But that is definitely not the same as saying that vaccines cause epilepsy.

And this is ultimately what my experience has always been. People against vaccines (even if it's only some) make a claim and after I investigate it always turns out that the claim was manipulated, clearly misunderstood or taken from a study that is highly questionable. A good example of this is the The Truth About Vaccines Docu-series. At the 3 minute mark the host says the following: "I don't want my opinions of getting in the way of scientific facts nor do I want to influence anyone to do anything against their own conscience. My goal is to present the truth so that you, the viewing audience, can make an educated decision for you and your own family."
So right of the bat he appears to make it your decision but it will be based on information that he has already subtly presented as "the truth". If that isn't manipulation I don't know what is.

As for your list of ingredients why do you not apply the same logic with the air you breath?

·
Registered
2,098 Posts
Discussion Starter #35
As for your list of ingredients why do you not apply the same logic with the air you breath?
Big difference between breathing/ eating and injection; I thought this would be obvious. Breathing and eating substances are natural processes. While I wouldn't recommend breathing/ eating a lot of heavy metals we do have filtration systems that can mitigate some of the damage. Injection is another thing altogether. Where as with breathing and eating the body works to eliminate toxins, with injections the chemicals cross the blood-brain barrier. These chemicals are meant to bind and be in your body for a while to illicit a immune response (adjuvants). The whole process of injection circumvents the bodies first response and the way it develops the immune system in the first place - orally. So there is actually no logic in comparing the two - apples and oranges. I will try to reply to the rest of your post when I have time. I know you are looking for sources - fair enough.

·
Registered
1,663 Posts
Big difference between breathing/ eating and injection; I thought this would be obvious. Breathing and eating substances are natural processes. While I wouldn't recommend breathing/ eating a lot of heavy metals we do have filtration systems that can mitigate some of the damage. Injection is another thing altogether. Where as with breathing and eating the body works to eliminate toxins, with injections the chemicals cross the blood-brain barrier. These chemicals are meant to bind and be in your body for a while to illicit a immune response (adjuvants). The whole process of injection circumvents the bodies first response and the way it develops the immune system in the first place - orally. So there is actually no logic in comparing the two - apples and oranges. I will try to reply to the rest of your post when I have time. I know you are looking for sources - fair enough.
The example was to show that listing ingredients is irrelevant because toxicity is all about dosage. Oxygen is toxic in larger amounts than what is in the air you breath. Carbon dioxide is toxic is larger amounts than what is in the air you breath. But do you stop breathing because of that?

Also there is no circumvention when something is injected. Or are you telling me that humans are fucked if they get a cut? Vaccines are injected into muscle or into skin. And the body has first line defense for that. In fact the whole point of that is so that it doesn't get into the blood in one big go which would not give it enough time to produce an immune response. And even there we also have a filtration system for unwanted things. It's called kidneys. Ever heard of them?

·
Registered
2,530 Posts
Inexcusable arrogance if you don't get it. They all should be banned from MTF immediately. Shame, shame, shame!

·
Registered
11,782 Posts
You see, many of these anti-vaccination people are comfortable in their belief and right to choose not to vaccinate as long as they believe they can control the risk of exposure. Maybe they are basement dwelling hermits, who knows?

But let's see how many of them would choose being given a proven vaccine or not when faced with almost certain exposure afterwards.

Experiment:

Give a choice to 1000 non-infected people to take a proven vaccine or not.

Put the 20% (or whatever it is) of people who don't take the vaccine into a closed community (like a small isolated island) that has no lockdown measures and is running normally.
That's 200 people in this example.
Take an infected, contagious, but still functional group of people (let's say 10% of the above group or 20 people) and put them on that island and have them mingle in the unknowing group of unvaccinated society without regulation (social distancing, masks, etc).

Do the same thing with the other 800 vaccinated people (make it a little bigger island to keep the equivalent population density).

All other conditions are proportionate.

During the next 2-3 months, check the stats on each island. See how many of the original non-infected people become infected, how many have to be hospitalized, how many die and how many recover. After the first deaths occur, give them the statistical news each day, and see how many of the still healthy unvaccinated people beg for the vaccine as people die around them.

Sadly,
masterclass

21 - 39 of 39 Posts