Mens Tennis Forums banner

1 - 20 of 38 Posts

·
Registered
9,399 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Kyrgios let 7 set points slip in the first set, double faulted twice in the tiebreaker including once on set point. Krajinovic also double faulted on his first set point (he had 3 in total), before Kyrgios eventually converted on his 8th set point.

Second set was fairly routine, natural for Krajinovic to falter after a tiebreaker like that. Kyrgios dictated play nicely, some nice dropshots and passes from Krajinovic but Kyrgios stepped up when it mattered, good aggression. Kyrgios certainly doesn't lack for confidence.

·
Registered
6,793 Posts
congrats nick! what a great way to come back after his injury.
Sorry bro ive just followed many challengers (because of Grigor early career :D ) and at this level some courts were like almost ATP 250 tournament :D Anyway ,great point for the young boss.He really knows for what he is on the court,and his speach showed it :angel:

·
Your visions will happen
47,129 Posts
That's what I'm fucking talking about.

I told Kyrgios last Saturday there was no reason he can't win the whole fucking thing, and what happens? He wins the whole fucking thing.

Fucking vamos, up to #170 now.

·
Registered
1,321 Posts
come on Nick!
bigger talent won here
You mean the talent that didn't need to miss 18 months due to shoulder surgery at the age of 19. Bigger potential now, surely. Bigger talent, not so sure.

·
Registered
6,515 Posts
Awesome.. I thought he'd be rusty first tournament back from the shoulder injury, and on clay. But nope... impressive week.

·
Your visions will happen
47,129 Posts
How did you get to speak to a future goat?
I was at the tournament in Sarasota last Saturday and talked to him briefly while he was watching qualies

·
Registered
10,504 Posts
Well played !Awful place and court btw
Lol, no idea as usual. It's easily one of the best Challengers on tour..

Good stuff from Kyrgios to win a Chally title on clay on his first attempt. Impressive, particularly for an Australian..

·
Registered
1,224 Posts
First Australian to win a clay ATP Challenger title since Peter Luczak at Cordenons in 2009. Very significant win for Kyrgios and Australian tennis.

1 - 20 of 38 Posts