Mens Tennis Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
565 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Had to post this one because this was something that I haven't seen in men's tennis since I can remember.

Musialek was serving for the match at *5-3 in the 2nd set. He had MP at 40-30 and blew it.

In the 3rd set he was serving for the match at *6-5 and had MP at 40-30 again and proceeded to DF - get broken and then lose the match.

Does anyone remember another instance where a men's player blew mp on serve (not including tiebreak) in not ONE, but TWO different sets? I certainly can not, and I have tracked 10,000+ matches. Simply stunning.

·
Registered
3,921 Posts
Had to post this one because this was something that I haven't seen in men's tennis since I can remember.

Musialek was serving for the match at *5-3 in the 2nd set. He had MP at 40-30 and blew it.

In the 3rd set he was serving for the match at *6-5 and had MP at 40-30 again and proceeded to DF - get broken and then lose the match.

Does anyone remember another instance where a men's player blew mp on serve (not including tiebreak) in not ONE, but TWO different sets? I certainly can not, and I have tracked 10,000+ matches. Simply stunning.
Good win for the kid great week for the youngsters.

Also if your counting Futures blowing MP's in 2 service games is not a weird thing happens every few days. Still Choked it though.

·
Registered
1,143 Posts
After that i stopped following but im not suprised more match points were blown , musialek is a mug of the highest order . $60000 prize earnings in his career and hes 26, not sure how he survives

·
MONSOON season.
81,993 Posts
I think Musialek was up a break in the first set too.

·
Registered
33,357 Posts

Probably a Janowicz match.

·
Registered
79 Posts
Another good win for the kid. He made 17 in February. This is his 2nd challenger event and he's already in the QF (made SF last week in Santos). :)

·
Banned
1,221 Posts
I certainly can not, and I have tracked 10,000+ matches. Simply stunning.
Do you have your own db?
If I hadn't read your comment I'd have honestly thought it to be much more common than what it might appear. Certainly happens tons of times in WTA.
Probably a Janowicz match.
:haha:

·
Registered
1,870 Posts
This match was bizarre, really.

Luz served for the match at 5-3 too and was broken two times in a row.

18 (!) breaks of serve. :lol:

Glad that Orlando still won in the end.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts