Mens Tennis Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
4,415 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I see Garin served for the set, squandered 6 set points than flunked the tiebreak and retired. What exactly happened? Of course, Garin should have withdrawn after winning Rio.

·
Registered
15 Posts
He's been having issues with his back since Rio, bothers him a lot when serving. Only played this tournament because it's in Chile.

Reactions: MWW

·
Registered
5,894 Posts
why only surname for Garin and full name for the other player?
It's not his full name, full name is Thiago Seyboth Wild. It's a bit like Bautista Agut, Seyboth Wild is the surname that appears on scoring apps and stuff.

·
Registered
7,253 Posts
Seyboth Wild forehand was firing! I hope this kid develops into a top player, he has a good brand of tennis that deservs to be on display

·
Registered
490 Posts
Seyboth Wild is going to be a very good player in the future, especially on the clay courts.

Beat Musetti to win the Junior USO in 2018, has wins over guys like Dellien and Cecchinato, plus just lost to Coric in the 3rd set TB the other week.

Just 19 years old, wouldn't shock me if he starts next year in the top 100.

·
Registered
5,049 Posts
Seyboth Wild is going to be a very good player in the future, especially on the clay courts.

Beat Musetti to win the Junior USO in 2018, has wins over guys like Dellien and Cecchinato, plus just lost to Coric in the 3rd set TB the other week.

Just 19 years old, wouldn't shock me if he starts next year in the top 100.
Agree and his backhand is improving. Its far from his forehand of course, but he is much more solid with it. I watched him in European clay season year and when players would target his backhand constantly, he would start to spray errors. This is not the case anymore and he even hit the occasional winner with it yesterday.

·
Banned
19,217 Posts
That was a super entertaining 6-5 game.

Seyboth's forehand is absolutely massive.

I considered it to be the best there is for some moments...

at 6-5, he didn't stop gunning.

The theme of the ad and deuce points was hilarious.

Garin only gave away 2 set points with errors, and also Seyboth only gave 1 deuce point.

The rest was both playing aggressive and taking them. However it is true Garin couldn't really serve from the ad side at all. He must have been hurting.

·
Registered
2,075 Posts
I really like the game of Thiago Seyboth Wild, as mentioned above, his forehand his massive, it is a huge weapon and so well executed technically. He will be the huge favourite in his SF against Renzo Olivo, who will be probably tired after a few very long matches, but let's so how emotionally he will handle this match as his maiden ATP final is very near. If he reaches the final, he will already be around 130, and if he wins the title around 112-113 !

1 - 11 of 11 Posts