Mens Tennis Forums banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
14,852 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
he's very talented player. pushed hard nadal in tokyo this year on hard, great player on clay. he just needs to be better in hard courts, also needs to get better as mental. his game is phenemonal. he is not old, just 24 years old. i think he will be top 20 next season and will get his first atp title for sure. what do you think about santi in 2012? vamos.

·
Registered
14,852 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
also looking forward for fed-santi match-up on clay. he can take his uso revenge.

·
Premium Member
3,051 Posts
I like Giraldo.... he needs to find better consistent level on serve though, his serving speeds really fluctuate wildly.

·
Registered
3,439 Posts
Giraldo is not Top-20 material, between #25 and #35 if he is lucky. However, he should get an ATP title in Chile or Brasil.

·
Banned
6,118 Posts
What's the name of your mental institution?

·
Registered
14,627 Posts
Giraldo is not bad but as other's have stated, he has no true weapon and I can't see him better than a top 30 player unless something changes dramatically in his game

·
Registered
645 Posts
He can generate incredible power with his forehand but he lacks everything rest. If he finds consistency and a good serve, he might reach top30.

·
Banned
6,118 Posts
Whatever you do luinir, buddyholly is no match for you :hug:

·
Banned
34,908 Posts
Maybe, he improved this year, further improvements could get him there. Needs to be better off clay in general to do it.

·
Banned
34,908 Posts
To say he lacks a weapon is incredibly incorrect. His first serve, and both FH and BH are, at times, major weapons for any player to deal with. His issues are consistency, variety and defense, not lack of weapons.

·
Registered
9,005 Posts
Honestly, that wouldn't surprise me one bit.

He's capable of playing regularly at the same level for a whole season and he can play at least decently on every surface.

If he's capable of improving one bit on some areas, I believe he has a chance of actually making the top 20. Potentially worse players than him have made it...

·
Registered
82 Posts
I actually like him better on hard court. At indoor tournaments he has had some shockers but I think his clay stats are heavily padded with South American tournament results.

·
Registered
7,894 Posts
Top 30 I think.

Watch the first two points and tell me he has no weapon.

·
Faithful Txurigorri
24,903 Posts
Santi does have weapons, thing is he makes Gulbis look like a genius, has no tennis brain and loses focus really often.

1 - 20 of 24 Posts