Mens Tennis Forums banner

1 - 20 of 54 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Sania is not playing but Saturday is in recognition of her making the 4th rd in a grand slam :worship:

·
Registered
4,470 Posts
thats a lotta faith in Ginepri shown already. He's been on fire this hard court season i'll give him that but at 2.8 i'm taking the flyer on Haas. He's looked pretty good out there thus far and has monster payday written all over him.

A single on Gasquet too, While he hasnt played great neither has Ljubi. I see tiebreaks but the kid should have too much game for him

Parlay

Agassi x Grosjean

not confirmed yet but so far thats where im leaning

·
Registered
1,407 Posts
Not sure yet whether I'm going to play:

Ginepri (15 units) or Ginepri x Nadal (10 units)

Blake has been playing out of his skin, and he does have a chance against Rafa if he sustains the level of shot-making that we've seen from him so far. However, I think that Rafa will prevail. Ginepri, for me, is fantastic odds. Just not sure which play I'm going to make yet.

Also playing:

Wawrinka over Massu (3 units) - I'll gladly take plus odds. The only thing that worries me is how fresh Wawa is after two long 5 setters. To add to this, Massu has had time to rest after Novak pulled out of the 2nd round.

Gotta make back the money that the young Scot lost :cool:

·
Registered
277 Posts
Mistaflava said:
Only one play for me today guys...

Guillermo Coria -211 over Robin Soderling

Good Luck to all!
I think that besides this being a bad play, there are a whole load of better ones out there. Soderling's been playing well, and Coria's known over the season to invariably screw up eventually. I wouldn't be surprised if that were today.

·
Banned
34,169 Posts
here is tonight's VALUE, but not necessarily winners:

Ljubo @ 2.20
Massu @ 1.80
Blake @ 4.00
Berdych @ 4.00
Soderling @ 3.00
Youzhny @ 1.65
Grosjean @ 1.60
Haas @ 2.80

·
Registered
1,111 Posts
If theres a day for WTA upsets/Dogs its today

Myskina v Likhovtseva

These two have had good battles over the years with nearly all the matches they have played together going to 3 sets (5 out of 6) Myskina has good lead up form, but hasnt really been tested. They are both well suited to this surface. I PERSONALLY lean towards Likovtseva in this match, but then again the speed of Myskina will be a major factor. Rather play small units on 2-1 sets on both players

Dechy v Golovin

Golovin is great value here @ 2.60 Dechy hasnt been playin that great imo last few weeks and she hasn't had awesome opposition, plus she needs to be having a great day.

Dementieva v Chakvetadze

Wow hard game here. Dementieva smashed her younger country woman in the OZ this year 6-2 6-1 however, Chakvetadze game has grown quickly and she has improved greatly the last few months. Her run so far has been average with a 3 setter and a straight foward win over craybas.

Dementieva's lead up form to the open wasnt fab, but that can be expected. Her form so far has been great, beating to inform players in Safarova & Diaz-Oliva.

Cant go past the worlds 6th best player

Dementieva $1.58

Plays (Tbc)

Myskina 2-1 & Likhovtseva 2-1

Golovin 1unit @ 2.60

Dementieva 3units @ 1.58

Best of luck! ill b back lata to confirm

Not a bad day at all!!

Likhovtseva 2-1 2units $4.65 Winner

Golovin 1unit @ 2.60 Loss (first for wta in the open!)

Dementieva 3units @ 1.58 (Winner)

Record WTA 10-1

ATP/MENS 7-3 (Grosjean & Robby still 2 come)

·
Registered
277 Posts
Dementieva to win does look promising. She plays very hard for the women's division. Chakvetadze is going to have a tough task today. And at 1.50, it has value on its side too. Pierce also looks good at 1.28.

·
Registered
5,731 Posts
I think the best bets today are:

Ginepri to beat Haas - Can`t see him losing this one, even if Haas has played some solid tennis in this tournament. Robby to win @1,55.

Blake to beat Nadal - Have to try him. James is in great form and I think Nadal is a little overhyped in this one. The match against Jenkins showed that Nadal can be beaten, not just by Federer. Odds for Blake (@4,15) are enermous! Hcp +6,5 games for Blake @1,80 is worth of thinking too.

Söderling to beat Coria - Worth of a try with medium stakes, Coria doesn`t like to play against players who try to play short points and try to make lots of winners. Söderling (@2,85)is in decent form right now and is able to make an upset here.

Ljubicic to beat Gasquet - Haven`t read yet what Richie has said about his injury problems (elbow), but it seems that this has effected his game. Richie had hard times with A.Martin in the first round and some problems with Galimberti in the second. And have to remember that Richie`s favourite surface is clay, not hard (yes, he can play great tennis on hc`s also, but still). Ljubicic hasn`t played great either, but I still think he is in better form right now and has great chances to go through in this (@2,10).

Good luck with your picks! :wavey:

EDIT: Typos...

·
Registered
55,915 Posts
LOL. I went, "Pffft..." when I saw the thread title. :lol:

I have v$100 on Ljubo. :banana: I can't believe they are giving such great odds.

1 - 20 of 54 Posts