Mens Tennis Forums banner

1 - 20 of 60 Posts

·
Registered
17,828 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

Very honest and specific.

So insightful with his re-collection of happenings.

In all his arguments with umps and interactions he comes across as such a logically intelligent person. Confident, cool person, even if clearly pissed here.

·
Premium Member
11,544 Posts
Most of the challenger level players are very intelligent and realistic.

·
Registered
5,429 Posts
Had the same thought recently when I heard him giving his opinion about something. Definitely someone who thinks about what he is saying.

Seems like a really smart and down-to-earth guy.

·
Registered
2,108 Posts
He seems very down to earth guy.
Honestly i feel sorry for him as this would have been a pretty unique chance for a Slam Semi.
He seems so genuine and analized pretty the match.
Kudos to him and best of luck this year, to keep the momentum.

·
Registered
2,380 Posts
Highly intelligent man and player. Made Federer resort to winning ugly. That was the ugliest win of Federer's career. T Sang is maybe the most intelligent player in tennis today.

·
Registered
8,532 Posts
Good grasp on how things went / what he should've perhaps done differently. Remains to be seen how/if he's able to put this behind him going forward. Just noticed he also had a decent Wimbledon campaign last year (4th round; 4 set, 3 TB loss to Querrey). Plus one 250 title as well last year. Thinking he's slightly better than "only" top 100 material. Top 50-60 or so...

·
Registered
17,828 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Good grasp on how things went / what he should've perhaps done differently. Remains to be seen how/if he's able to put this behind him going forward. Just noticed he also had a decent Wimbledon campaign last year (4th round; 4 set, 3 TB loss to Querrey). Plus one 250 title as well last year. Thinking he's slightly better than "only" top 100 material. Top 50-60 or so...
lolwut?

He's pretty easily top 20 level at his best.

You don't beat 5 top 15 players in 2 years at slams by accident.

That's what a inspired Sandgren is capable of. His level all tournament has been tremendously high.

Reactions: Passing_Shot

·
Registered
3,467 Posts
And yet most MTF tards had him at the bottom of their QF picks list...the fact he knows and appreciates who Jordan Peterson is speaks volumes about him as a person
To be honest, Peterson is not necessarily the type of person I would prioritarily like to be brought in connection with.

·
Registered
17,828 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
To be honest, Peterson is not necessarily the type of person I would prioritarily like to be brought in connection with.
oh really? and that is why?

·
Registered
8,532 Posts
lolwut?

He's pretty easily top 20 level at his best.

You don't beat 5 top 15 players in 2 years at slams by accident.

That's what a inspired Sandgren is capable of. His level all tournament has been tremendously high.
Do you mean a top 20 regular... or a brief peak visit (a la Cecchinato e.g.) only to dip again and settle somewhere further down? Not feeling the prior at least as it's enormously crowded/competitive up there. Maybe my 50-60 is too conservative, but feeling 20 on the other hand is too optimistic. He'll turn 29 this year. Let's look at names (not an attempt at ranking, but more of a count):

1. Rafa
2. Djokovic
3. Fed
4. Medvedev
5. Thiem
6. Zverev
7. Tsitsipas
8. Wawrinka
9. Goffin
10. Khachanov
11. Kyrgios
12. Rublev
13. De Minaur
14. Isner
15. Delpo
16. Dimitrov
17. Shapo
18. Nishikori
19. PCB
20. Raonic

That's not the current top 20 (and some like Delpo are battling injuries), but all of them to me either have bigger potential (and are far younger than TS) or already have shown to possess bigger game. Some (like Fed) are also on their way out, but then there's also guys like Sinner, FAA or Humbert e.g. on the come up. Plus additional guys who have been battling with form/injuries like Cilic, Murray and Edmund e.g.

Sandgren has game/weapons, but so far too hot and cold. Look at his record/opponents.

·
Registered
5,484 Posts
Good interview, does not blame anyone but himself. I feel for the guy, he was so close and ultimately quite unlucky that he could not win any of the 7 matchpoints. Hope he will be able to take some positives from this tournament and build upon this. He certainly has the game to trouble most players on hardcourts.

·
Registered
2,403 Posts
Feel bad for him. A high end challenger player getting a shot at 720 points to start the year is probably something that won't happen every year.

·
Registered
2,108 Posts
First time I see him speaking and it was a pleasure to watch the whole PC, even though he seems very devastated (who wouldn't be ?)

·
Registered
11,840 Posts
Had the same thought recently when I heard him giving his opinion about something. Definitely someone who thinks about what he is saying.

Seems like a really smart and down-to-earth guy.
The clown deleted his whole Twitter account 2 years ago so clearly he didn't put much thought into what he was saying and tweeting back then.

1 - 20 of 60 Posts