Registered
6,148 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What a fighter :worship:

·
Banned
12,122 Posts
San Marino CH R1 Troicki d. Gimeno-Traver 4-6 7-6 7-6

what a choker :haha: two times a break ahead in the 2nd, in one served for the match, recovered a minibreak in the final tb and had MP on his serve

·
Banned
12,122 Posts
h2h 5-0

·
Registered
5,293 Posts
Troicki is playing too many long mugfets in the CH circuit I know he had a long break but seeing how well he played in Gstaad I expected him to dominate like Goffin did this last month.

·
♤23♤
32,996 Posts
Troicki is playing too many long mugfets in the CH circuit I know he had a long break but seeing how well he played in Gstaad I expected him to dominate like Goffin did this last month.
Well not like Troicki was a world beater before his ban. Even back then I don't think many would be surprised to see him lose to DGT, so I'd say getting this tight win is not too bad for him considering everything.

·
Premium Member
21,076 Posts
Well not like Troicki was a world beater before his ban. Even back then I don't think many would be surprised to see him lose to DGT, so I'd say getting this tight win is not too bad for him considering everything.
Yup, that is true plus Troicki is better on hard than on clay, so it's a good win overall.

·
Banned
12,122 Posts
The 3rd set of this match should have ended like 6-2 for Troicki imho, he's kind of overplaying like you said.

·
Registered
5,293 Posts
You're right I kinda forgot how inconsistent he was :eek: But in Gstaad it seemed that his serve improved so I expected less "break trading" in his matches and easier wins.

·
Banned
12,122 Posts
You're right I kinda forgot how inconsistent he was :eek: But in Gstaad it seemed that his serve improved so I expected less "break trading" in his matches and easier wins.
conditions suits him little more there I think, just like Cortina. Today he was broken for fun.

·
Registered
67,452 Posts
sad for tennis

·
Registered
3,015 Posts
I agree with your concept. I think this is a very good result for Viktor considering his present circunstances. It was a great fight and better for his confidence that he managed to win it. This is not going to be easy for him to comeback until he can find an stable ranking again.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts