Mens Tennis Forums banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
6,148 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
16 aces and almost 90% won on first serve wasn't enough to harm challenger goat Krajinovic. into the top 100 hopefully :worship:

·
Banned
3,667 Posts
If he wins tommorrow he will play MD of US Open!
he needs one more withdrawal 'till Monday, 18th of August and he is in, too. That would be his first MD entry of Slam.

·
Registered
11,827 Posts
he needs one more withdrawal 'till Monday, 18th of August and he is in, too. That would be his first MD entry of Slam.
You're lack of tennis knowledge impresses me day by day :worship:

·
Registered
67,452 Posts
:unsure: is this a joke?

·
Banned
3,667 Posts
What did I wrong? If he wins tommorrow he will be 104th. That ranking would ensure him direct entry if qualy draw going out next Monday. But knowing he would be 4 places infront of competition he would sty in for next Monday, probably.

·
Registered
4,857 Posts
What did I wrong? If he wins tommorrow he will be 104th. That ranking would ensure him direct entry if qualy draw going out next Monday. But knowing he would be 4 places infront of competition he would sty in for next Monday, probably.
Nope. ELs are made six weeks in advance. He could've played and won Toronto and Cincinnati and still needed a WC to play the USO.

·
Banned
3,667 Posts
The entry list for tour level events are made 6 weeks before the tournament starts. Krajinovic could win the whole Challenger event and will still need to go through qualifying regardless.
Thanks.
So you can actually move only in one list, become seed but you can't go from qualy list to MD. They should change that, sounds retarded.

·
Registered
11,624 Posts
Thanks.
So you can actually move only in one list, become seed but you can't go from qualy list to MD. They should change that, sounds retarded.
Have you tried writing to the ITF about this? I'm sure they will change the rule once you've put your case to them. :)

·
Banned
3,667 Posts
Have you tried writing to the ITF about this? I'm sure they will change the rule once you've put your case to them. :)
No, they should just give peope a chance which they deserve. Let's say Krajinovic will win this. He will be number 90 but he will need to play qualies. That is so unfair.

·
Registered
5,293 Posts
It's the case for many players but it's a shame that the backhand ruins many matches for Delic he's a top 100 quality player.

·
Registered
11,624 Posts
No, they should just give peope a chance which they deserve. Let's say Krajinovic will win this. He will be number 90 but he will need to play qualies. That is so unfair.
It's not unfair at all. There needs to be a cut-off date so players know where they stand and can make the necessary arrangements. Some of them could be flying in from the other side of the world. What is your suggestion? That they have the cut-off date the Monday before the draw is made and then everyone can jump on a plane and search for a free hotel?

Stop acting like a baby that isn't getting his own way. This is the same for all tournaments and it's a system the players actually want. If your knowledge of tennis wasn't limited to how pretty Coric is, you would have known this. :rolleyes:

·
Registered
1,715 Posts
It's not unfair at all. There needs to be a cut-off date so players know where they stand and can make the necessary arrangements. Some of them could be flying in from the other side of the world. What is your suggestion? That they have the cut-off date the Monday before the draw is made and then everyone can jump on a plane and search for a free hotel?

Stop acting like a baby that isn't getting his own way. This is the same for all tournaments and it's a system the players actually want. If your knowledge of tennis wasn't limited to how pretty Coric is, you would have known this. :rolleyes:
:lol:

·
Registered
264 Posts
And Serbian tennis player.
Yes he plays for Serbian Davis Cup, but I think he never hide that he is a 1/2 Croat.

This year is his breakthrough ,obviosly. It is a real pitty he go injured 2 seasons ago, he should have been top50 player already.
He is having everything for a top50 player.....

1 - 19 of 19 Posts