Mens Tennis Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
7,945 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
It's bad enough, that the US channel (FSN, right?) feels the need to plaster the upper half of the screen just like ESPN and the other US channels do. What really annoys me, is that we have to wait until the game is over, to see the actual score in the set. That's pretty stupid.
I was away from the TV, came back and had to start up the online livescore board to know the score in the 2nd set.

·
Registered
11,359 Posts
Most channels that show tennis manage to clutter up the screen with all kinds of rubbish except the actual score. It's incredibly annoying, and quite unnecessary. Putting game scores above set scores rather than beside them can also be confusing too.

·
Premium Member
9,871 Posts
Be lucky youe FSN channel is even showing tennis. :shrug: I've got Women's College Basketball. :rolleyes:

·
Registered
7,945 Posts
Discussion Starter #4

- No set scores. Instead of "1st set", "2nd set", "3rd set" they could have easily put the score. Or at least in the upper left corner.
- Several cameras weren't working for 2-3 games, so that they could only use the main camera
- More than once the main camera was too far away from the court and you could see several of the spectators. They should try to reposition the camera
- Too much background noise due to the ventilation system

·
Vamos Mandy :)
85,829 Posts
At least you can get to see the match, many of us in the US who get FSN can't even see it b/c our local outlet isn't showing it :(

·
Registered
385 Posts
Be lucky youe FSN channel is even showing tennis. I've got Women's College Basketball.
:haha: :haha: :haha:

Well there basketball, and there something of a net ... it's almost tennis ...

·
Registered
454 Posts
I was annoyed by this as well. But I was also just happy that I was able to watch the match on TV, and it wasn't too difficult to just remember the score myself... I only get FSN because I'm in NorCal.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts