Mens Tennis Forums banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
1,018 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Yay Jesse! I knew you could do it. Good luck against Blake presumably. :worship:

·
Registered
3,158 Posts
Gator Pride Jesse.

·
Banned
1,472 Posts
Very good, Jesse, very good.:music:

CHOMP

·
Registered
800 Posts
Oh no? Thats too bad, he should like his roots.
Here's the quote:

"I'm not Canadian. I hate when people say I'm Canadian. I play for the U.S."

http://www.canada.com/topics/sports/story.html?id=0575ff31-4dec-4338-979a-6c8b4f6e7a55

Honestly, though, I don't think he's trying to distance himself from his Canadian roots. I think he's just annoyed by the fact that many people still call him Canadian when he represents the U.S. Calling him Canadian could be interpreted as an implication that he's not American or somehow less American because he wasn't born in the U.S. Or it could just be an honest mistake, but either way I can see how it would be irritating. I doubt that an American-born Canadian representing Canada would appreciate it if journalists and commentators continually referred to him as an American.

Levine's dad, by the way, is apparently from the U.S. originally. It's mentioned in the article.

·
Registered
9,716 Posts
Yay Jesse! I knew you could do it. Good luck against Blake presumably. :worship:
Jesse is a good play

Good to him make it to Top 75 this year

·
Premium Member
2,970 Posts
Honestly, though, I don't think he's trying to distance himself from his Canadian roots. I think he's just annoyed by the fact that many people still call him Canadian when he represents the U.S. Calling him Canadian could be interpreted as an implication that he's not American or somehow less American because he wasn't born in the U.S. Or it could just be an honest mistake, but either way I can see how it would be irritating. I doubt that an American-born Canadian representing Canada would appreciate it if journalists and commentators continually referred to him as an American.
I agree.

·
Registered
3,735 Posts
Nice win!!!

·
Registered
4,081 Posts
Well done to Jesse. He has making nice progress.
Last November, he won 2 titles and 13 matches in a row in 3 challenger events in successive weeks.
This year he's been getting some experience on the tour and won a match at the Aussie Open. He is showing that he deserves the wildcards he is receiving.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts