Mens Tennis Forums banner

21 - 40 of 41 Posts

·
Registered
10,504 Posts
Re: San Jose Entry List/Fact Sheet (updated January 31, 2012)

Always going to withdraw.

·
Registered
415 Posts
Re: San Jose Entry List/Fact Sheet (updated February 8, 2012)

Is Johnson still an amateur? Is that why he doesn't take prize money?

·
Registered
2,030 Posts

The SAP Open Tennis' website posted an article dated Feb. 7th, explaining who recieved all three wild cards, yet this entry list wasn't updated to reflect this...:confused:

http://www.sapopentennis.com/news/news.asp?story_id=455
"The SAP Open announced today that American Steve Johnson, the 2011 NCAA singles champion from the University of Southern California and a three-time NCAA Team Champion, has been selected to receive the final wild card into the main draw for the 2012 tournament to be played February 13-19 at HP Pavilion at San Jose. In addition to Johnson, American Robby Ginepri and fast-rising American tennis phenom Jack Sock have been selected to receive the other two wild cards.
Australian Lleyton Hewitt, who had accepted a wild card entry into the SAP Open singles main draw, has withdrawn from the tournament due to a severe toe injury."

·
Premium Member
10,353 Posts
Discussion Starter #26

·
Registered
9,005 Posts

Australian Lleyton Hewitt, who had accepted a wild card entry into the SAP Open singles main draw, has withdrawn from the tournament due to a severe toe injury."
So severe that he is playing Davis Cup! :lol:

I love these tournaments press releases! :haha:

·
Registered
7,936 Posts

Andre♥;11726905 said:
So severe that he is playing Davis Cup! :lol:

I love these tournaments press releases! :haha:
What's so funny, he has a real toe injury, and starred with the San Jose is on this, because the abrupt transition from grass to hard, can have consequences.

·
Registered
187 Posts
Re: San Jose Entry List/Fact Sheet (updated February 9, 2012)

Good luck here to Haas, Dimitrov, Raonic, Muller and Young (I hope one of them wins the tournament Although I prefer Dimitrov)

·
Registered
9,005 Posts

What's so funny, he has a real toe injury, and starred with the San Jose is on this, because the abrupt transition from grass to hard, can have consequences.
Dude, if he had a severe toe injury, he wouldn't be playing anywhere. I've had a severe toe injury and I couldn't even walk, let alone play tennis. On grass, hard or even on a surface made of cotton!

·
Registered
630 Posts

Andre♥;11727945 said:
I've had a severe toe injury and I couldn't even walk, let alone play tennis. On grass, hard or even on a surface made of cotton!
I've had a severe toe injury too and I TOTALLY dominated in my match on cotton courts. /brag

·
Registered
7,936 Posts

Andre♥ MrEleganza
Here on this, you are here on the forum, ah he the champion, don't compare, because of this injury, he missed a whole year past, and pain continued, so he and his manager know more than you.

·
Registered
630 Posts
Re: San Jose Entry List/Fact Sheet (updated February 10, 2012)

Ausie, I only wrote that to make a cotton court joke.

·
Registered
9,005 Posts

Andre♥ MrEleganza
Here on this, you are here on the forum, ah he the champion, don't compare, because of this injury, he missed a whole year past, and pain continued, so he and his manager know more than you.
If he was severely injured, he wouldn't be playing against China on Davis Cup. Period. Would he be insane to put his whole career in jeopardy (because let's face it, at his age, a serious injury and he's done) if he was severely injured, just to play against freaking China on Davis Cup?

Common sense is required...

This is the typical "I'm playing Davis Cup on the other side of the world, therefore I'm not crazy enough to go play in the following week in some meaningless tournament two days later" injury.

·
Registered
630 Posts
Re: San Jose Entry List/Fact Sheet (updated February 10, 2012)

Did anyone find out if there will be coverage from Veetle again?
They have listings for it on streaming sites like Wiziwig and LSHunter so even if it's not on Veetle, we should e able to watch.

21 - 40 of 41 Posts