Votes: 6 22.2%
  • Ginepri

Votes: 1 3.7%
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
24,311 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Not suggesting anything from the exhibition that went on yesterday, but I wonder if Sampras was playing fulltime today. Would he be the No. 1 American? Not to discredit Andy Roddick, James Blake, Ginepri, Fish, Spadea, and Isner, but which one of those guys could actually beat Sampras? We know Blake can't return big serves. Roddick can't hang with Sampras' game. Ginepri, meh. Fish... Better footballer. Spadea... Rapper. Isner heck he couldn't beat Kevin Kim (So called for PMac calling him the prince to Roger's throne), and Donald Young ('nuff said). I'd say he'd be still No.1 just like Agassi was No. 1 player in the U.S. when he was 35.

·
Registered
9,716 Posts
Donald Young is only guy who I think may go to Challenge Sampras. If I'm right, Donald will have 18 GS and 28 Masters at least in his career

NO 1 for 10 years, From 20 years old to 30 years old

·
Registered
24,311 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Well. In PMac's world, Roddick and Federer have a rivalry and Donald Young is going to beat Nadal at the French Open next year. But that's PMAC. I wish somebody would pay me to make stupid comments like PMAC and get paid handsomely for it. I wonder who's the idiot who gave PMAC his Davis Cup job.

·
Registered
11,530 Posts
Roddick can't hang with Sampras game?

Roddick is 2-1 vs Sampras and all these meetings whilst Roddick was 20 or younger.

·
Registered
24,311 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
To be honest, Roddick is an exception to the rule in which you get better as you get more mature. Roddick was much better back then than he is now today. Or at least it looks like it :)

·
Registered
11,530 Posts
To be honest, Roddick is an exception to the rule in which you get better as you get more mature. Roddick was much better back then than he is now today. Or at least it looks like it :)
Roddick was better in 2003 yes but he is certainly a better player now than he was in '01. He was a similar player then with a big serve, a good FH and a hard worker. Now he is the same but with a far more solid BH, a better 2nd serve and more variety.

Oh, and furthermore this thread is ridiculous. Sampras wouldn't approach the top 40.

·
Registered
5,071 Posts
Well. In PMac's world, Roddick and Federer have a rivalry and Donald Young is going to beat Nadal at the French Open next year. But that's PMAC. I wish somebody would pay me to make stupid comments like PMAC and get paid handsomely for it. I wonder who's the idiot who gave PMAC his Davis Cup job.
Noone else wants the job-lol!

·
Registered
1,643 Posts
Dear God. When Sampras retired he was not the same for a long time. He didn't win a SINGLE title during two years! His last two titles was Wimbledon 2000 and US Open 2002. What would make you believe he could be better than Roddick or any of the above today, 5 years after he retired?

T_T

·
Registered
2,750 Posts

·
Premium Member
25,459 Posts
We know Blake can't return big serves.
Really?

Roddick can't hang with Sampras' game.
2-1 lifetime means he can't hang? :confused:

Donald Young ('nuff said).
'nuff said is right. Holy cow.

Well. In PMac's world, Roddick and Federer have a rivalry
I don't recall PMac calling Fed-Roddick a rivalry for about two years now.

I wish somebody would pay me to make stupid comments like PMAC and get paid handsomely for it.
Hell, no. Your stupid comments in this thread alone would clean out my bank account.

Get back to us when you actually learn something.

·
Registered
3,166 Posts
I guess MTF's didn't feel embarrassed enough when Sampras won bandwagon player of the month. Let's keep this up into December, okay boys?

·
Registered
1,225 Posts
Roddick can't hang with Sampras game?

Roddick is 2-1 vs Sampras and all these meetings whilst Roddick was 20 or younger.
Sampras completely demolished Andy in the only relevant match they played.

As for the thread... haha.

Jcempire -- grats, your hype for the Don truly knows no bounds.

·
Registered
5,572 Posts
:haha: :haha: :haha:

·
Registered
9,164 Posts
i can't wait for the Agassi/Nadal exhibitions

;)

1 - 16 of 16 Posts