Mens Tennis Forums banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
857 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok, I think this is enough. I really loved these forums till these matches came up. Now I'm starting to believe that most of the members are under 13.
Guys, please tell me that some of you actually watch tennis... just because Sampras played a couple of exhos against Roger he suddenly became the best player of the world once again! I mean, those were just exhibitions, please tell me that you do know that Federer (or anyone inside the top 100) would destroy Sampras in a real match. I've even red a thread were 80% of the forum agreed that Sampras is a top 100 player... this is crazy! Do you realize how hard getting into the top 100 can be? They are just 100 guys between millions that play tennis. They live for it, they are the best among the best between the best of the very best. Just to make my point clear, I loved Sampras's game 1000000000 times more than Roger's, but that doesn't mean that Pete could come back into the tour walking and licking a lollypop. The guy is old (yes, I've seen older players winning tournaments, but Sampras dedicated all these years to drink tea and watch his backyard tree grow). Yes, he has a good service, but a service doesn't make a player (and don't name Roddick or Karlovic, cause they can hit the ball 10 times better than Pete right now).
I'm not trying to stop all the Sampras threads (yep, I made one too). I'm just trying to be able to read them without holding a gun on one hand and a knife on the other one.

Reactions: K90

·
Registered
97,310 Posts
Old love never dies.

And seriously, I agree with you, half of 1st page in GM are now in the Spam-pras.

I personally suppose his comeback on tour would be like Navratilova's (yes, she was older, but that is WTA anyway and level isn't so equal), she even won a round at Wimbledon I think. But lost in the 2nd to someone who isn't really in top ten or twenty.

·
Registered
242 Posts
yeah mtf makes me sick these days

to quote myself:

sampras lost to federer when he was defending his wimbledon title, 6 years ago, when he was in full training, and federer was a baby. and yet some people think this is for real :lol:
i know sampras could have won there, it was a close match, but come on, saying that this win is for real (when uno that he already lost to federer when he was in full training), and that sampras is top 100 now, is idiotic. people are just dumb. or less then 12 years old.

·
Registered
2,907 Posts
Yes, I agree. But this is just another thread of the same subject. Everything you said is true, but it´s been already said in all the previous Sampras-Federer threads. While I sincerely wish all this exhibition-crap would come to an end, this kind of thread isn´t really helping.

·
Registered
1,105 Posts
you are just as naive as the people you claim to be naive if you believe that everyone is serious on a forum..

·
Registered
857 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
you are just as naive as the people you claim to be naive if you believe that everyone is serious on a forum..
Regarding this specific issue (Sampras's), I can assure you that most of the people really believe that Pete is on a top 100 level, and some even believe that he can beat Roger anytime he wants... Anyways, reading the posts in the way you do must be much less irritating than the way I do, so I guess I'll just follow your style instead of paving the way for a heart attack.

·
Registered
1,931 Posts
You're adding to the problem...it only seems as if everyone here believes the exhibitions were played at top level because the majority of the forum doesn't post...similar deal with voluntary surveys

·
Registered
3,158 Posts
Remember all the Isner threads during the summer? ;)

·
Registered
237 Posts
Ok, I think this is enough. I really loved these forums till these matches came up. Now I'm starting to believe that most of the members are under 13.
Guys, please tell me that some of you actually watch tennis... just because Sampras played a couple of exhos against Roger he suddenly became the best player of the world once again! I mean, those were just exhibitions, please tell me that you do know that Federer (or anyone inside the top 100) would destroy Sampras in a real match. I've even red a thread were 80% of the forum agreed that Sampras is a top 100 player... this is crazy! Do you realize how hard getting into the top 100 can be? They are just 100 guys between millions that play tennis. They live for it, they are the best among the best between the best of the very best. Just to make my point clear, I loved Sampras's game 1000000000 times more than Roger's, but that doesn't mean that Pete could come back into the tour walking and licking a lollypop. The guy is old (yes, I've seen older players winning tournaments, but Sampras dedicated all these years to drink tea and watch his backyard tree grow). Yes, he has a good service, but a service doesn't make a player (and don't name Roddick or Karlovic, cause they can hit the ball 10 times better than Pete right now).
I'm not trying to stop all the Sampras threads (yep, I made one too). I'm just trying to be able to read them without holding a gun on one hand and a knife on the other one.
I feel exactly the same way. The fact that so many people think pete would be in top 100 of today's tour makes me so sad. i guess that explains why Bush got elected, twice.

·
Registered
237 Posts
yeah mtf makes me sick these days

to quote myself:

i know sampras could have won there, it was a close match, but come on, saying that this win is for real (when uno that he already lost to federer when he was in full training), and that sampras is top 100 now, is idiotic. people are just dumb. or less then 12 years old.

sadly i think most people here are adults. why is it that internet forums seem to have some fatal attractions to idiots, much more so than to average/intelligent people.

·
Registered
1,931 Posts
sadly i think most people here are adults. why is it that internet forums seem to have some fatal attractions to idiots, much more so than to average/intelligent people.
Because they, like this exhibition, are for entertainment. You're here aren't you? ;)

·
Registered
5,060 Posts
I'm not trying to stop all the Sampras threads (yep, I made one too). I'm just trying to be able to read them without holding a gun on one hand and a knife on the other one.[/QUO
Don^t read the Sampras threads, if they upset you so much! Noone is saying Pete is going to come back and win tournaments, but he is still capable of beating a top 10 player on a given day.

·
Registered
268 Posts
i agree, though Sampras is playing well

1 - 19 of 19 Posts