Mens Tennis Forums banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
2,568 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Who is the greater player now? WHo has the higher peak? Djokovic has firmly established himself as Grass GOAT by beating prime Federer last year and clay GOAT by beating peak Nadal this year at RG. He was always the HC GOAT. Sampras has a few records to his name but it is only a matter of time before Nole breaks them. In terms of peak level of play, Novak leaves everyone in the dust with his aggression.

Reactions: Joey Tribbiani

·
Banned
2,160 Posts
Peak to peak out of 10 matches:

AO: Djokovic 9-1

RG: Djokovic 10-0

Wimbledon: Sampras 8-2

USO: Sampras 7-3

Overall: Djokovic 24-16

·
Registered
2,568 Posts
Discussion Starter #3

Are you kidding me? More like:

AO: Djokovic 10-0
Wimbledon : Djokovic 9-1
USO : Djokovic 8-2

37-3 Djokovic

·
Registered
16,835 Posts

I would give USO only 6-4 for Sampras, others are pretty correct. Even at AO, current peak Djokovic would be no match to Sampras even at Rebound Ace.
Add indoors WTF: 6-4 Djokovic, so overall he has the edge.

·
Registered
16,835 Posts
Are you kidding me? More like:

AO: Djokovic 10-0
Wimbledon : Djokovic 9-1
USO : Djokovic 8-2

37-3 Djokovic
your thread is a baiting attempt again, though this above post just tops that. You are either suffering from some compulsion to appear Djokovic ridiculous or just hate him too much.
Either way: that is 0/10

Tutsi Frutsi and me tried to be objective, you just throw it off.

·
Registered
2,568 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
your thread is a baiting attempt again, though this above post just tops that. You are either suffering from some compulsion to appear Djokovic ridiculous or just hate him too much.
Either way: that is 0/10

Tutsi Frutsi and me tried to be objective, you just throw it off.
Since when did Tutsi and you(assuming it's not the same account) have to try to be objective? You two are like the most unbiased fans going around, undoubtedly part of the most pleasant fanbase around today.

·
Registered
2,568 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Current Djokovic is serving incredibly well. I don't think Sampras ever was as good as that. Djokovic is also more clutch than Sampras. Volleys and net play are 50-50 but you have to give No1e the edge.

·
Registered
1,022 Posts
Peak level of mental retardation in this thread.

·
Registered
16,835 Posts
Since when did Tutsi and you(assuming it's not the same account) have to try to be objective? You two are like the most unbiased fans going around, undoubtedly part of the most pleasant fanbase around today.
Wait, you're accusing more Djoko fans with being double accounts with 0, I repeat zero evidence.
We have fairly different posting styles though.

As for being objective, we acknowledged that Sampras was much better on faster outdoor HC and grass. Not much anywhere else, that is debatable ofc, then please submit your arguments.

·
Registered
2,749 Posts
Peak Sampras is better on Wimbledon and USO, Peak Đoković on AO and RG.

·
Registered
1,530 Posts

:facepalm:

Sampras would be a far more superior player to Djokovic on any HC, even Plexicushion I'm afraid.

·
Registered
2,749 Posts
:facepalm:

Sampras would be a far more superior player to Djokovic on any HC, even Plexicushion I'm afraid.
Depends on WHICH HC they would play. Difference on surfaces in the 90's and today are huge. Pete dominated when surfaces were fast, Novak dominates on extra slow surfaces. So both would have less good results if you could teleport them in the other player's era. Pete would remain #1 with Novak in his era, and Novak would remain #1 with Pete in his era.

·
Registered
3,051 Posts
Current Djokovic is serving incredibly well. I don't think Sampras ever was as good as that. Djokovic is also more clutch than Sampras. Volleys and net play are 50-50 but you have to give No1e the edge.
Are you on something. One thing is CLEAR. SAMPRAS IS THE GREATEST SERVER THAT EVER WALKED ON A TENNIS COURT.

NOT THE FASTEST, BUT THE GREATEST. Supreme, accuracy and effectiveness.

·
Registered
2,568 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Are you on something. One thing is CLEAR. SAMPRAS IS THE GREATEST SERVER THAT EVER WALKED ON A TENNIS COURT.

NOT THE FASTEST, BUT THE GREATEST. Supreme, accuracy and effectiveness.
Novak can do everything better than everyone.

·
Registered
15,787 Posts
all evil in tennis formed in Sampras's racquet, he was a disgusting human being and an even more disgusting player.

Speed dependent in this match up, both would get routined by each other on normal grass/carpet or clay.

·
Registered
3,051 Posts
Who is the greater player now? WHo has the higher peak? Djokovic has firmly established himself as Grass GOAT by beating prime Federer last year and clay GOAT by beating peak Nadal this year at RG. He was always the HC GOAT. Sampras has a few records to his name but it is only a matter of time before Nolwe breaks them. In terms of peak level of play, Novak leaves everyone in the dust with his aggression.
This is a joke post I HOPE. Otherwise change your drug dealer ur head is seriously F.....UP!

Djokovic is GOAT of NOTHING at the moment.

CLAY=NADAL BY MILES

9 FRENCH OPENS
8 MONTE CARLO MASTERS
7 ROME MASTERS-----FORGET IT NOBODY EVEN GETS CLOSE

GRASS=FEDERER/SAMPRAS
7 WIMBLEBONS EACH. TAKE YOUR PICK FEDERER BECAUSE HE MADE 9 FINALS IMO.

HARDCOURT=FEDERER
5 U.S OPENS
4 AUSTRALIAN OPENS

FEDERER IS CLEAR FRONT RUNNER HERE TOO. Sorry Djokotards. Your man has too much to do. Before he is goat of any surface. He needs at least two U.S OPENS. And another AO To balance his hardcourt resume just to BE ON PAR. With FED.

HE NEEDS 9 French opens to be on par with WARRIORDAL. AND 5 WIMBLEDONS TO BE ON PAR WITH FEDEX. It's not happening EVER.

1 - 20 of 26 Posts