Mens Tennis Forums banner
81 - 93 of 93 Posts

·
Registered
3,498 Posts
I like Djokovic, but he would hate to be ignored. He is, for want of a better phrase, an "attention whore." If he even knew MTF existed, he'd love all the threads (bar that one that celebrates his losses).

He knows MTF: in the "Murray def Federer thread",he posted "Expected result"

About this thread,i guess Djokovic will love those comments from Sampras,considering that Sampras was his idol.

·
@Ryan's Hat
19,893 Posts
You kids...

·
Registered
27,928 Posts
it is amazing how many people talk about djokovic. even more than federer..

one love him, the others hate. Still, he is already strating to have more attenton than federer himself.

And considering that it was one of his goals, we have to admit it, he has done it.

·
Registered
4,922 Posts
great quote.

:haha:

·
Registered
9,484 Posts

·
Registered
1,042 Posts
Sampras actually has a wonderful personality, very low key with a dry sense of humor. He likes hanging out with Justin, so I can see where he would appreciate Nole as well. That comment was in print, so it's very hard to tell the tone. Then again, it's hard to decipher Pete's tone when you are watching him speak live.

I understand that everyone in this thread is making their judgements based on TV exposure, but I think Nole is very charming in person.

yes, it is quite mind boggling to think that the Djoko in tennis communityand the Djoko that people seem to meet is so vastly different....:confused:

·
Registered
335 Posts
Throughout much of his career, the media chided Sampras for being rather boring or bland, esp the British media. So perhaps it's natural when another player seems so much more at ease with himself at a young age than Pete did and who most crowds seem to like, Sampras would be playing sour grapes...and also of course, taking Federer's side" in their current rivalry, esp while sitting right next to him in a news conference. But it's a shame though, being that Djokovic has always spoken so well about Pete in interviews and admires and respects him a lot. At face value I take the remark as a "half-joke," meaning Sampras meant to offer a slight or dig at Federer's new rival in a socially respectable (i.e., joking) way. Thats how I see it!

81 - 93 of 93 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.