Mens Tennis Forums banner
21 - 40 of 93 Posts

·
Registered
3,035 Posts
Nole said that, Roger didn't :) Roger just said he found Murray more talented than Nole :shrug: :)
He didn't say it directly sure...but you can't tell me that that was not his intention. He said it to send a message to Nole and Murray. Otherwise why say it at all? He was just being smarter than Novak and implied it instead.

·
♥ eve ♥
40,985 Posts
He didn't say it directly sure...but you can't tell me that that was not his intention. He said it to send a message to Nole and Murray. Otherwise why say it at all? He was just being smarter than Novak and implied it instead.
:shrug: haters think so... I think Roger said it because he wanted to make a point to the guys who where drooling at his pseudo decline, and tell his fans the truth too :)

·
Registered
2,614 Posts
That article was a bunch of crap. I doubt she really said that. Also, it was more in the context that older lady friends (of his grandma I think?) women preferred Jamie over Andy. Even that might not be accurate, but if it is, she never said he was the uglier one. I can't picture a mother saying that, especially not his mother.

·
Registered
2,125 Posts
I can also say that last year, Fed beat Djoko at the AO in 3 relatively easy sets, look what happened the next year.
It was 6-2 7-5 6-3 if I remember right. Still looking better than 6-1 6-0

Anyway, Andy and Novak are the same age, so I wouldn't compare that to Novak - Roger match up. In 2007 Roger was still at the top of his game, and in 2008 it was different Federer.
I am big Novak fan, but I am not unrealistic. It's not Djokovic who improved that much from 2007 to 2008 (he certainly did improve), it is Roger who lost his touch a little bit. Best Federer against best Djokovic would still be over in 3 relatively comfortable sets for Roger.

Best Djokovic against best Murray would be funny to watch, or sad... if you are Murray's fan.

·
Registered
2,614 Posts
Also that 6-1, 6-0 is because Murray wasn't playing well at he never got his game going. It has nothing to do with Novak's vast superiority. I admit that their match at Indian Wells was not much closer but the year before that they had a pretty close 3 set match.

·
Registered
3,035 Posts
:shrug: haters think so... I think Roger said it because he wanted to make a point to the guys who where drooling at his pseudo decline, and tell his fans the truth too :)
The leader of those 'guys' is Novak and now to a lesser extent Murray, so that message has been FedExed to them first and foremost and possibly to a few others.

21 - 40 of 93 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.