Mens Tennis Forums banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
3,035 Posts
I'd like to hear the tone in which he said it. If I were Pete I'd be nice to Novak, Murray, Rafa etc. Cause they're the guys who'll prolong his beloved record.

·
Registered
3,035 Posts
Fed doesn't like Nole, so his pals Pete and probably Tiger too don't like him either :shrug: :p
I think you're being generous there...despise is the word I'd use. And I'm sure the feeling is mutual. I love their little digs at each other in the press. Last week Novak says he expected Murray to beat Fed...Fed strikes back with: I had mono and that's the reason you beat me...it's Novak's turn now.

·
Registered
3,035 Posts
Nole said that, Roger didn't :) Roger just said he found Murray more talented than Nole :shrug: :)
He didn't say it directly sure...but you can't tell me that that was not his intention. He said it to send a message to Nole and Murray. Otherwise why say it at all? He was just being smarter than Novak and implied it instead.

·
Registered
3,035 Posts
You want to hear Pete's tone when he said it? I'd like to see Rog's expression!

How hard do you think he had to bit his lip to avoid giggling?

Just picturing that in my head cracks me up.

·
Registered
3,035 Posts
:shrug: haters think so... I think Roger said it because he wanted to make a point to the guys who where drooling at his pseudo decline, and tell his fans the truth too :)
The leader of those 'guys' is Novak and now to a lesser extent Murray, so that message has been FedExed to them first and foremost and possibly to a few others.

·
Registered
3,035 Posts
Time will tell, Roger might soon remind them of how it feels to play a 100% fit Fed :eek: ;)
I have no doubt in my mind that he will bounce back and probably win IW and/or Miami. All I'm gonna say is that he'll have to play better than he did at US Open last year. He looked sluggish most of the time. Yes he won the tournament but I think his competition has improved since then.

·
Registered
3,035 Posts
djoker isn't exactly the most charismatic player on tour
Everyone has their opinions of course. But can you imagine if everyone on tour was as emotionless as Federer (ok he isn't really emotionless but he doesn't show his emotions very often...unless he's losing that is). How boring would that be? We need good mix of different personalities and I think Novak adds spicy, sweet and at times sour flavor to that mix.

·
Registered
3,035 Posts
ATP don't need clowns to make it "better" :eek:
I think that's exactly what they need:) A bit of good old fashioned fun. I love the fact that Fed and Novak don't like each other...this whole personal thing they've got going between them just makes their encounters all more exciting to watch. Now that's what I call entertainment.

·
Registered
3,035 Posts
Nole is just so pupular! The player to beat, the player in everybody's mind!

Go Nole!!!
In slams and AMS maybe...but like we saw last week, not in smaller tournaments. But then again when players look back at their careers, it's slams that count. Most people don't know number of AMS titles Sampras won, but everyone knows how many slams he won.

·
Registered
3,035 Posts
:haha: it sounds like you're talking about a guy who already has numerous majors under his belt :lol: Nole is today just a one slam wonder. Save your words for later (or maybe not) :)
One step at the time I say:)

Like the poster above, I'm referring to his current form (2007/2008). All I was trying to say is that the reason he does better in slams and AMS tournaments is because they mean to him a lot more and he's more motivated. Even you can't deny that considering he's reached semis or better since AO 2007.

·
Registered
3,035 Posts
He still is a one slam wonder, today :shrug: how on earth would he already only focuse on major tournaments? How arrogant would that sound? :eek:
I never said ONLY...all I said was that he plays better and is more motivated at major tournaments. He wanned to win Dubai that's for sure, but did you see him get really frustrated?...he even hugged Roddick at the end. He defended his points and gained some, which was the very least he was hoping for I'm sure. But I get the feeling that if that was IW or Miami semis the outcome would have been different.

·
Registered
3,035 Posts
He also hugged (or tried to) Roger at the end of the USO finals, does this mean he didn't care?
Yeah, but at USO he was an underdog...he wasn't expected to win. Roger had everything to lose that day. In Dubai he was the favorite. That's the difference. USO 2007 was his first slam final...if that was to happen again...him playing Roger in the finals and if he lost the 1st set like he did last year...he would be fuming I'm sure. I doubt he'll be hugging Roger any time soon, considering all the personal shit these two have going.

·
Registered
3,035 Posts
that's why we come here...to gossip:) and to make stupid predictions sometimes.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.