Mens Tennis Forums banner

1 - 20 of 76 Posts

·
Registered
17,684 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport2/hi/ten...003/2680571.stm

Sampras eyes French Open glory

Pete Sampras is stepping up his preparation for the 2003 tennis season. The 31-year-old American is not competing at the Australian Open but has decided to target victory in the one Grand Slam event to have eluded him, the French Open.

"Yes I believe I can win. I will have no added pressure. This may very well be my final shot at it," the 14-time Grand Slam winner said on Tuesday.

"I really enjoy playing and competing," he said, while admitting that "staying motivated" will be his biggest challenge this year.

Sampras said he will "not play a lot on clay" heading into Roland Garros, which starts on 26 May, and has not yet decided which tune-up events he will compete in.

·
Registered
17,684 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
I've got just as good a chance as pete :eek:

I've got a chance too

Pete wins Roland Garros, I'll keep the promise i made a few years ago .....

"I'll streak at Wimbledon" *ahem* :angel:

·
Registered
17,684 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
i knew the some of the girls would start to cheer for Pete :p

He could gas the Top 200 players in the world :eek: or pay them not to play.
Still Jaden Agassi would kick his ass :D

·
Registered
11,359 Posts
Well, I predict that Sampras will make at least the third round this time, and possibly the round of 16 if he has a favourable draw - but no further.

It would be a terrific upset if he could win it, but personally I hope he doesn't, simply because after last year's streaking incident at the Wimbledon final I have no desire to see a similar male body on display on Centre Court this year (now that Wimbledon 96 final between Krajicek and Washington... there was a streaker you'd want to see again).

·
Registered
6,771 Posts
i used to write a series called "The Android Saga" about Pete's attempts to prepare for Roland Garros. mainly i cracked myself up. i can't believe that he still saying this kind of foolishness. but that's good news for me. more material to make fun with.

i think the poor Android is feeling left out...

Andre married a blondechick so the Android went and got himself one too...except that the media cares more about Andre and Steffi than they do about the Android and that Chewing Gum Chick...

then Andre had a baby so he went and had a baby too. except that you see these cute pictures of Jaden Gil all over the place and nobody seems to care about...er... Christian is it?

then Andre went and won the AO. what is an Android to do? why, announce that he's going to win RG of course!! with no preparation! no warm-up tournys! the Amazing Android rulz!

what an idiot...:(

·
Banned
3,527 Posts
dont underestimate the best player of all times...he could suprise everyone! Go Pete! :D

·
Registered
2,494 Posts
No he can not, he plays too less lately, and when you plays only one or three tournements in a year, you don't have matchrythme enough, not enough fysic . He thinks he can win it, but thinking isn't the same as doing it. I can also win roland garros, I think =))

·
Registered
444 Posts
Ermmm, before I do anything drastic I would like to ask TBE if his pendulum swinging thingy is worth it? :D

·
Registered
1,622 Posts
TheBoiledEgg said:
I've got just as good a chance as pete :eek:

I've got a chance too

Pete wins Roland Garros, I'll keep the promise i made a few years ago .....

"I'll streak at Wimbledon" *ahem* :angel:
You just made me realise that we didn't get a streaker @ the Mens final of the Aus. Open this year! Are Melbourne's streakers all locked up at the moment?

·
Registered
2,173 Posts
I'm more interested if TBE can roll fast or not.

Otherwise not a huge excitement unless you never had a crack at boiled eggs for breakfast :D

·
Registered
11,359 Posts
It was at the start of the match, as Krajicek and Washington lined up either side of the net for the photo - a female student came running on to the court wearing just an apron, then lifted it up and ran past the two men before being ushered off.

I gather Washington was pretty amused by the whole thing, and he remembered it in great detail afterwards; the fact that Krajicek barely raised a smile might suggest why he won the match so easily, his mind more focused "on the job", as it were.

Speaking of Aus Open streakers, after that incident with the camera-wielding court invader at the 2000 final it's probably a good thing one didn't show up last year! Wasn't Kafelnikov a little irritated at the disruption, if I remember right?

·
Registered
6,771 Posts
Yummmmmmmm....:lick: :lick: can we get a demo Eggy?

·
Registered
10,038 Posts
TheBoiledEgg said:
Sampras said he will "not play a lot on clay" heading into Roland Garros, which starts on 26 May, and has not yet decided which tune-up events he will compete in.
Bwahahahahahahahahaha!!!!!

Thanks for the laugh, Eggy :) Although if he does win, you can bet I'll set my VCR for the Wimbly final no matter who makes it there ;)

Sjengster, I remember the streaker at Wimbly '96 -- and indeed, MaliVai was quite in tune to her :D

·
Registered
278 Posts
C'mon Pete!!

You CAN WIN Roland Garros!!

:bounce: :bounce: :bounce:

·
Gugaholic
84,779 Posts
tennischick said:
i think the poor Android is feeling left out...

Andre married a blondechick so the Android went and got himself one too...except that the media cares more about Andre and Steffi than they do about the Android and that Chewing Gum Chick...

then Andre had a baby so he went and had a baby too. except that you see these cute pictures of Jaden Gil all over the place and nobody seems to care about...er... Christian is it?

then Andre went and won the AO. what is an Android to do? why, announce that he's going to win RG of course!! with no preparation! no warm-up tournys! the Amazing Android rulz!

what an idiot...:(
How about look at it this way!

Pete dated Bridgette before AA hooked up with Steffi.

AA wants to exploit his boy while Pete does not!

How about AA lost to Pete in USO so AA is very desperate to win AO!

Let me add one more, Pete win 14 Slams while AA has 8!

Now, who is feeling being left out? And according to your logic, who is the idiot?

1 - 20 of 76 Posts