Mens Tennis Forums banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Premium Member
198 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Sam "the man" Querrey is opening some eyes with his clay game. while he's not particular clever on the surface, he's showing that power when used rightly can do some damage. The more important fallout from this successful venture of his has to do with the Davis cup: Will McEnroe have the balls to kick Blake aside and make Sam "the man" the new #1 on this team (against Spain at least)? Well, he should. Show some balls P-Mac. Querrey:eek: Sam the man::worship:
what do you think?

·
Registered
197 Posts
well if he backs up his performance here with at least two more good showings on clay (3rd round or better) I would say bye bye blake.

·
Registered
20,932 Posts
Far too early to tell, and it tends to be very difficult to convince PMac to change his line-up. Obviously he has to back this up with another run or two at the other clay events.

If this turns out to be more than just a fluke run then maybe.

·
Registered
612 Posts
Yes indeed, i don't how players like Nadal, Ferrer can withstand the groundstroke, the tactical brilliance, the power of Sam
PMac should let him play the 2 single match (if US really need that):worship:

·
Registered
9,716 Posts
Oh, My God

He is only American there, and He made it to QF

·
_._._._._._
72,524 Posts
PMac can do whatever the hell he wants, they're going to get battered.

May as well play Harrison and Young for the future :shrug:

·
Premium Member
198 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I disagree. I think the burden should now be on Blake to show something either at Rome, or Hamburg. Blake should either equal, or surpass Sam's performance on clay. If not, well, he's an alternate. Blake is an Harvard man, and a patriot, if he had to cede his place to Sam" dirtballer" Querrey, America's best hope, he won't be --bitter--:D

Reactions: WhataQT

·
Premium Member
25,459 Posts
It doesn't matter who's on the team. We could have our best clay players, say Agassi and Courier, on the US DC team and we'd still lose to the Spaniards on clay.

·
Registered
9,716 Posts
Sam "the man" Querrey is opening some eyes with his clay game. while he's not particular clever on the surface, he's showing that power when used rightly can do some damage. The more important fallout from this successful venture of his has to do with the Davis cup: Will McEnroe have the balls to kick Blake aside and make Sam "the man" the new #1 on this team (against Spain at least)? Well, he should. Show some balls P-Mac. Querrey:eek: Sam the man::worship:
what do you think?
Well. No more option, American suck on clay

Sam maybe the one

And I think Fish is another one

Blake and Roddick suck on clay

·
Premium Member
198 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Yes indeed, i don't how players like Nadal, Ferrer can withstand the groundstroke, the tactical brilliance, the power of Sam
PMac should let him play the 2 single match (if US really need that):worship:
Remember Andre Agassi? Was there tactical brilliance there? I remember him very successful on clay playing his H.C game.

·
Registered
1,226 Posts
creating a bandwagon out of nothing.

did you saw the match how pathetic Gasquet to give this match?

I dont see anything special on Sam's game- The US will still suck on Davis Cup.

·
Premium Member
198 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
It doesn't matter who's on the team. We could have our best clay players, say Agassi and Courier, on the US DC team and we'd still lose to the Spaniards on clay.
Courier was a great clay court player. What has Ferrer done to be mentioned in the same breath as Courier?

·
Vamos Mandy :)
85,829 Posts
How about defeating Djokovic? ;)
Nope, don't think it'd be enough. PMac is not going to desert the two top 10 guys who've posted for him every time over the last few years, it would take a LOT. Like I mean, it'd take Querrey having such a good clay season that he actually could get himself up near the top 10 by then. And I don't see it happening.

·
Premium Member
198 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Well. No more option, American suck on clay

Sam maybe the one

And I think Fish is another one

Blake and Roddick suck on clay
ah, ha--that would be total revolutionary thinking: show up there with Fish and Sam"the man". But the Spaniards would probably feel cheated--they totally want to humiliate J.B and A-Rod.:)

·
Registered
20,932 Posts
Nope, don't think it'd be enough. PMac is not going to desert the two top 10 guys who've posted for him every time over the last few years, it would take a LOT. Like I mean, it'd take Querrey having such a good clay season that he actually could get himself up near the top 10 by then. And I don't see it happening.
That's a shame but it does make sense. Nadal will beat anyone in his two matches so might as well play Blake, his bogey player. Even if Querrey turns out to be by far USA's best clay player, he has to play Nadal in his first match and he's totally inexperienced in Davs Cup.

Then again if USA are going to lose anyway, it arguably makes a better case for them to play their younger players and give them some experience.

1 - 20 of 30 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.