1 - 20 of 57 Posts

·
Registered
2,043 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

·
Registered
748 Posts
Nadal and Federer were winning because the player who owns them aka the BOAT and GOAT/No1e wasn't there to stop them because he was injured. Federer only won 1 slam in 7 years before 2017. Nadal is useless away from clay and his clay H2h against No1e since 2009 Madrid is 7-7.

That all changed at Wimby once No1e returned :) They won't vulture anything ever again.
I can't decide whether I find you annoying or entertaining. I like Djokovic a lot but I'd like to read your reaction if he gets destroyed by Federer or Nadal :grin2:

Ok, but why bash NextGen and not the generation of Nishikori/ Dimitrov/Raonic etc? They should be winning Slams now.
Well, his statement is a little bit ambiguous. First he rants against NextGen because they win nothing as teenagers. Then he says that players win ATPs at 25 and are NextGen which is clearly towards generation useless. My guess is he bashes both. And he is right.

·
Registered
990 Posts
Nadal and Federer were winning because the player who owns them aka the BOAT and GOAT/No1e wasn't there to stop them because he was injured. Federer only won 1 slam in 7 years before 2017. Nadal is useless away from clay and his clay H2h against No1e since 2009 Madrid is 7-7.

That all changed at Wimby once No1e returned :) They won't vulture anything ever again.
Nadal is the defending champion at this non-clay slam going on right now you absolute donut.

·
Registered
2,694 Posts
NextGen does ok up to now, I think, they will soon start winning big titles. The really bad generation is LostGen. They should be dominating the tour right now, but have hardly won anything noteworthy: exactly one WTF (Dimitrov) and two Masters (Dimitrov and Sock).

·
Registered
990 Posts
He didn't play a top-25 player to win it. There are many players who can win a slam without playing a top-25 player.

Competition matters and not all wins are the same.
Except for when it's Djokovic of course, you'll be having an orgasm later on over him straight setting Sandgren when it is no less than what is expected of him.

·
10,279 Posts

·
Registered
748 Posts
He didn't play a top-25 player to win it. There are many players who can win a slam without playing a top-25 player.

Competition matters and not all wins are the same.
Yes they are. Each slam adds 1 to your tally. Each slam gives you 2000 points. Each slam winner is a winner. It's not the winner's fault if the others didn't show up, were injured or too young, too old, not eating fish, gluten or whatsoever.

In your little dream world only Novak's slams count and you repeat your little sentences over and over. But guess what, in the other world, the real one, Federer has 20 slams, Nadal has 17 and Djokovic has 13.

Now it is not over and the latter two are on the better side of the 30s than Federer so everything can change. But until then, the numbers are 20,17,13...

·
Registered
1,202 Posts
This is just disrespectful to Federer, Nadull and the NextGen players.

Safin needs to show some respect for the GOATs of the game.

·
Registered
15,229 Posts
Can't beat Nadal at RG. Can't beat Fed at Wimbledon(unless he's playing awful like this year) and if you managed to beat Fed at Wimbledon you may still have to play DJ in the final whose returns land on the toes.

Then you're left with HC slams. Can't beat Fed on a faster HC and can't beat DJ on a slower HC and arguably dull on a slower HC too.

The only players who have broken through in slams are players with massive games like Cilic who was unplayable at USO 14, pony at USO 09(and that was mostly cause Fed choked, not interested in arguing this) who has one of the biggest FHs the game has ever seen. And ofcourse Wawrinka who turns into a powerhouse in Stanimal mode and can just destroy any defence as we saw at AO 14 and RG 15.

So before we say next gen suck, let's first understand what they're tasked with.

·
Banned
70,903 Posts
Safin just doesn't get it folks:

the game has changed over the years.

1. now it requires a lot of seasoning on the circuit before players are able to win meaningful events.

2. there are at least 3 all time greats: Federer, clay warrior, and Djokovic.

and then there is Andy Murray and Wawrinka.

these 5 have made it nearly impossible for anyone to else to win the important events.

Safin doesn't understand this dynamic.

·
Banned
70,903 Posts
Boss there is no question that Djokovic is an all time great.

I predicted that right here at MTF many years ago.

but you have to understand one thing:

he is no Nadal.

and he is no Federer.

and never will be. Nadal and Federer are on a different level.

1 - 20 of 57 Posts