Mens Tennis Forums banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
253 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just in the last couple days, we've seen a few examples of how much more hard work means than talent in tennis.
(Tomic involved in a big argument at a strip club)
(Paire's 64 minute meltdown)

Why is this the case in tennis? Why are our most talented players such headaches?

·
Registered
780 Posts
Meh

He is a 6'5 famous millionaire (ex) athlete, who sleeps with hot women.

No reason to feel too sorry for him. He has a better life than most, and messed his career up with his own actions.

·
Registered
1,884 Posts
Meh

He is a 6'5 famous millionaire (ex) athlete, who sleeps with hot women.

No reason to feel too sorry for him. He has a better life than most, and messed his career up with his own actions.
Who is the millionaire? Tomic? Has he really earned that much? I wouldn't be surprised if he's broke.

Reactions: El_Toro

·
Registered
5,980 Posts
They could have been more consistent on tour, but they both have really awkward FH shots and lack the skill set to win big titles anyway, probably top 10 potential at most and they both got to around #15 at their peak, not too bad.

·
Your visions will happen
51,343 Posts
Just goes to show that even with money and opportunity, you still have to be a professional or it just ain't gonna happen for long

·
Registered
3,322 Posts
Cmon Tomic, strip clubs are hella dope but you gots to get yo ass back on the court and win some matches if you wanna keep countin those millions.

·
Premium Member
9,364 Posts
Preparing for CYGS 2021, good stuff from Atomic.

·
justice for all
18,035 Posts
Whenever a player messes up his life or is controversial his „talent” is blowed out of proportions. That’s the case for Tomic, Kyrgios or Paire for example. Is that because people love drama?

·
Registered
200 Posts
Whenever a player messes up his life or is controversial his „talent” is blowed out of proportions. That’s the case for Tomic, Kyrgios or Paire for example. Is that because people love drama?
I think it's because fans are disappointed when these athletes fade away due to poor choices in their on and off-court lives, and fans are essentially grieving the decline & imminent death of an athlete's career.

It's like when a person actually dies and no matter what crap they pulled during their lives, after death they suddenly are seen as the most amazing kind-hearted person to have ever existed.

Another angle to consider is that these wild unpredictable players like Kyrgios or Paire who lack discipline also tend to be more impatient and reckless in their shot selection, so they go for lower percentage but flashier entertaining shots. When they get lucky and the flashy shot works, they are seen as brilliant talents, and viewers falsely extrapolate that if only the player would work harder, every shot he made would look like that.

·
Registered
901 Posts
Completely agree..... People claiming that a guy like Tomic is talented and having a better life than most just because he sleeps with hot women should have their head examined.

·
Your visions will happen
51,343 Posts
Completely agree..... People claiming that a guy like Tomic is talented and having a better life than most just because he sleeps with hot women should have their head examined.
Exactly

I also sleep with hot women, doesn't mean I act like a fool, getting drunk and starting strip club arguments etc.

But I'm not rich. Nowhere near Tomic level. They sex him for money. They sex me for sex. It's much better this way

·
Registered
22,082 Posts
Just in the last couple days, we've seen a few examples of how much more hard work means than talent in tennis.
(Tomic involved in a big argument at a strip club)
(Paire's 64 minute meltdown)

Why is this the case in tennis? Why are our most talented players such headaches?
Who are you referring to? Benoit Paire and Bernard Tomic?

·
Registered
5,951 Posts
Exactly

I also sleep with hot women, doesn't mean I act like a fool, getting drunk and starting strip club arguments etc.

But I'm not rich. Nowhere near Tomic level. They sex him for money. They sex me for sex. It's much better this way
Lucky bastard... ive never slept with anyone and all women I’ve ever talked to and/or flirted with hate me now or just ignore me... I’ve officially given up now on ever getting into a relationship.

·
Your visions will happen
51,343 Posts
Lucky bastard... ive never slept with anyone and all women I’ve ever talked to and/or flirted with hate me now or just ignore me... I’ve officially given up now on ever getting into a relationship.
Go into the laboratory and watch every single one of this guy's videos:

You've been red pilled. You're welcome

This guy too:

·
Registered
2,313 Posts
What do you mean? Tomic has achieved good stuff for his talent (he could have added something like Delray Beach and Hertogenbosch to his trophy cabinet - maybe) while Paire has overachieved (winning no less than three 250s).

1 - 16 of 16 Posts