Mens Tennis Forums banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
14,890 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
2nd final of RBA's career after Chennai 2013! Hopefully a maiden title tomorrow. He is the favourite in the final, surely?

The most consistent player of the 2 won. Some brilliant points and overall game from both (especially in the 2nd half of the 1st set and the 2nd set), and some mediocre moments too (not that much though). 2 foot faults in a single game (at 2*-2 in the 3rd set) by RBA almost cost him the match, it broke him down mentally, it was clear. Even though he was broken in that game eventually, he broke back right away. Also, he fell badly on his wrist at 5-4*, didn't break and was 0-30 in the following game. A bit of a scary moment.
So a big relief, really! Well done.

On the plus side for RBA: his let play, touch, clutchness and consistency.
The negatives: not much, just a small lack of firepower when he has the occasion to kill a point.
Usual stuff, all in all.

It was a veeeery long day for both players, both finishing two matches (both QFs started yesterday). Props to them! And congrats to RBA again. :D :worship:

·
Registered
1,899 Posts
Complete Melzdown at 0-30 *4-5, played a few dumb points and went for big winners out of nowhere. Once that happened, it was NID from there

·
Registered
3,825 Posts
I am actually curious how is RBA in tiebreaks this year. Do not forget he had the best % last year from entire tour.

EDIT: Just 4-5 before this week. Probably won´t repeat sth like 16-5 from last year.

·
Registered
11,624 Posts
It's always good to see RBA do well. I wouldn't have expected him to reach the final here but good on him for adapting his game to the surface. He seems like one of the nicest guys on the tour. :yeah:

·
Registered
5,482 Posts
Complete Melzdown at 0-30 *4-5, played a few dumb points and went for big winners out of nowhere. Once that happened, it was NID from there
:haha::haha: most fitting word to describe Melzer I ever saw! epic! Don't know if you came up with this, but if you did, hats off to you sir

·
Registered
424 Posts
It was *5-5 0-30, if I'm not mistaken.

Anyway, good win for RBA. Very consistent results from him this year.

·
Registered
67,452 Posts
a win is a win

vamos rober :woohoo:

·
Premium Member
5,646 Posts
Melzdown :sad:

I have to say, this is a very Melzer result. Well done Roberto, now take the title.

·
Registered
14,508 Posts
The negatives: not much, just a small lack of firepower when he has the occasion to kill a point.
Usual stuff, all in all.
So I've been right about him being weaker in firepower on grass, he really should develop that area, some real big hitters might cause him serious trouble.

With this performance he should be able to outhit and outplay Murray in SW19 though.
Congrats and win the title, RBA!

1 - 20 of 21 Posts