Mens Tennis Forums banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Premium Member
5,646 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
easy peasy, not even random Mugfin appearing at 3*-4 in the second set could screw this up (3 DF's in a row). Despite said double faults, David's serve was pretty good. Ground game was solid, specially the backhand, which was often spectacular.

Muller was terrible, only the serve made it close.

First grass final :D

·
Registered
10,559 Posts
Muller :( His last decent to win a title and he comes up with this. Mahut should win this now.

·
Registered
3,833 Posts
Unfair :mad:

We were all waiting for Mahut - Muller final :mad:

:mad: :mad: :mad:

Goffin would never play in such way against Federer.

Disgusting.

·
Registered
3,456 Posts
easy peasy, not even random Mugfin appearing at 3*-4 in the second set could screw this up (3 DF's in a row). Despite said double faults, David's serve was pretty good. Ground game was solid, specially the backhand, which was often spectacular.

Muller was terrible, only the serve made it close.

First grass final :D
Wow Mugfin and Godfin showing up in the same game. 3 consecutive DFs, second serve on 4th try, saves break point and then easily holds next game. Good match from Goffin, could make it to R4 of wimbledon. Excited for a Mahut-Goffin final, two fairly beloved players on MTF.

·
23,475 Posts
Was hoping for a Muller-Mahut final (especially the grass-courting that could be done here and actually rooting for Muller to win his 1st title) but Goffin showing why he's a top player today and hope that we could have a good match against Mahut.

·
Registered
1,250 Posts
Successful jinx thread. :(

Get better soon Mulles.

·
Registered
13,800 Posts
I don't get this site: Raonic is hated for being a servebot while even worse servebots like Karlovic or Muller almost receive cult status.
i think for gilles everyone wants him to win a title. besides, on grass gilles is far from a servebot. his game is fun to watch on grass

happy for david, i didnt see this coming after he struggled against marchenko of all people. hopefully he can win the final now

·
Bring it Home
20,351 Posts
I don't get this site: Raonic is hated for being a servebot while even worse servebots like Karlovic or Muller almost receive cult status.
Muller is not like Raonic, he doesn't serve 240 khm bombs. He has a very good serve, but the reason is so effective is because of his serve variety and great accuracy. He barely serves over 200 kmh and most of the serves are in the 188-192 kmh range.

And he's also a good volleyer. His serve alone wouldn't be enough.

Besides, like it was said earlier in the thread, he deserves to win a title before retirement. This one was a great chance, but he played poor.

·
Registered
1,219 Posts
Well Raonic is in one league and Muller is in Another. It's not close. Raonic's every shot is better than Muller's. But we all love Muller for his comeback. :)

·
Registered
3,648 Posts
Yeah, David :yeah:

·
Registered
1,534 Posts
You really would think Muller should have the game that enables him to do rather well on grass. But the answer is sadly NO, and this match eloquently explained why.

·
MONSOON season.
81,973 Posts
Certainly the better overall player won :yeah: Glad to see it.

·
Registered
21,275 Posts
:(

·
Registered
213 Posts
Unexpected. Even more that Muller lost in straights.

·
Registered
367 Posts
Goffin almost pulled a Dimitrov in this 7th game but kept it together.
Very good performance overall - controlled the match completely.

·
Registered
2,426 Posts
Muller is not like Raonic, he doesn't serve 240 khm bombs. He has a very good serve, but the reason is so effective is because of his serve variety and great accuracy. He barely serves over 200 kmh and most of the serves are in the 188-192 kmh range.

And he's also a good volleyer. His serve alone wouldn't be enough.

Besides, like it was said earlier in the thread, he deserves to win a title before retirement. This one was a great chance, but he played poor.
Isn't that what makes people consider a player a servebot, in combination with a relatively poor ground game? I'm not sure if it matters which aspect of the serve they excel at. Either way, I personally don't like the servebot label, it suggests that there is something wrong with having a great weapon.

1 - 20 of 24 Posts