Mens Tennis Forums banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
14,890 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The match was not streamed, it seems.

RBA was down a break in both sets but broke back in both to win them eventually (from 5-2* to 5-7 in the first and 4-1* to 6-7 in the 2nd).
It must have been a mix of mental giantness and Ebden being Ebden. RBA must have been a bit muggy too to let Ebden be up a break in both sets.

·
Registered
11,290 Posts
*4-0
1 set point at 5-2*
2 set points at *5-3

Still, Ebden fought back in the next set, only to lose a break lead and get breadsticked in the TB :lol:

·
Registered
14,890 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
*4-0
1 set point at 5-2*
2 set points at *5-3

Still, Ebden fought back in the next set, only to lose a break lead and get breadsticked in the TB :lol:
Oh, thanks for the details. I was a bit distracted by "something" :)angel:), so couldn't be watching my screen all the time.

·
Registered
6,814 Posts
Ebden, once a choker always a choker.

·
Registered
67,452 Posts
not a good scoreline, but RBA please keep winning, nice chance to take this title

·
Registered
11,734 Posts
Explain your RBA hate, please.
I don't hate him.

But it's incredible that so many opponents choke against him, del Potro, Berdych, now Ebden and I'm missing many others.

·
Registered
14,890 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
I don't hate him.

But it's incredible that so many opponents choke against him, del Potro, Berdych, now Ebden and I'm missing many others.
If you watched the matches maybe you'd have seen it's actually RBA who is very strong in the mental department.

·
Registered
11,734 Posts
If you watched the matches maybe you'd have seen it's actually RBA who is very strong in the mental department.
Yeah, sure.
Having a *4-0 lead on grass and losing the set is clearly because your opponent is mentally strong.

·
Premium Member
5,646 Posts
you changed your pic :(

Anyway, good result for RBA... although the result being so close (and it's Ebden lol) doesn't speak very well of his grass game so far. Maybe he can live up to his seed @Wimby, but that should be it.

·
Registered
14,493 Posts
I don't hate him.

But it's incredible that so many opponents choke against him, del Potro
That wasn't a choke, del Potro played poor and hit too many UEs, he was terrible at AO '14, as usual.

RBA is the only Spanish player whom I consider a promising star, who has some real potential in him.
He should start going more deeply into slams. Grass isn't his favorite surface tho, would need more variety in serve, more quick returning and just more power in his groundstrokes.
Still to better a lot.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts