Mens Tennis Forums banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
14,890 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Too bad it wasn't streamed today, while it was yesterday before the interruption for darkness.

RBA had the momentum in the 2nd set after breaking back from 0*-3, so I thought he would win the 2nd set eventually. But he didn't. He lost a bit of a precious time and energy for later today (for the semifinal against Melzer). He broke twice in the 2nd set but lost one service game when serving at 5*-2; but broke AGAIN to win the match.

Not fully concentrated/clutch it seems, but Mahut on grass is always very tricky!

He has great chances against Melzer later today, who is probably more tired than RBA.

·
Registered
10,407 Posts
Expected. Glad I voted for him in the WWW thread. He is better on faster surfaces than he is on clay, from what I've seen of him, despite the "Spanish = clay pusher durrrr" consensus among idiots.

·
Registered
14,890 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Expected. Glad I voted for him in the WWW thread. He is better on faster surfaces than he is on clay, from what I've seen of him, despite the "Spanish = clay pusher durrrr" consensus among idiots.
He is an all-court type of player but, yes, his game is more efficient on faster courts.

·
Registered
2,042 Posts
Awful result for tennis.

·
23,063 Posts
Mahut. :sad::hug: RBA still being as UTR as ever -- is he probably the most unpopular (in a sense that if people ask who he is sometimes they shrug) Top 32 player this year? He sure has been showing his mettle as a consistent player that almost not getting upset and getting out against players he "should lose to".

·
Registered
67,452 Posts
bautista :woohoo: keep winning please

1 - 17 of 17 Posts