Mens Tennis Forums banner

1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
14,890 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
A match of big contrasts.

RBA was very sluggish in the first set, looked really tired - understandably so: he played 5 sets and a half yesterday, with rain interrupting the SF. Add to that a Becker who was playing some great grass court-tennis. So it took the former a whole set to find some rhytm.
In the 2nd set, a more sharpened and decisive RBA, the metronomic version of him, popped up and clutched his way to a TB - which he won very convincingly. Even though it wasn't yet his best self out there, he was starting to play some flashy, brilliant tennis.
The 2nd set was simply great. He barely missed a shot and was oozing with confidence.

Props to Becker for hanging in there though, but Grasstista was on a mission and didn't want to let that go, even if very tired.

Brilliant fight throughout the tournament, especially the last few days! Brilliant way to finish it off.
What a player he has become since the beginning of 2013, what a remarkably reliable player!

Anyway, no need to sretch, so: congratulations for your maiden title, RBA! I'm a proud fan. :worship: :hearts:

·
Banned
2,838 Posts
Bautista Agut's grunting was very annoying.
No wonder Gulbis called him a princess. As annoying as Screampova.
They should get rid of it which just scares you away

·
Banned
2,838 Posts

·
Registered
535 Posts
That sucks!:( so wanted Becker to win. At his age he won't get any more chances. It's a shame as agut will have many more chances to win titles Becker won't. Not fair:(:(

·
Registered
11,827 Posts
This is what was supposed to happen yesterday in Sousa match, if he didn't choke the 2nd set. Congrats RBA for your maiden tittle!

·
Banned
2,838 Posts
It was of nervousness, you fool.

Go play Hide 'n Seek, I'm begging you.
We just want FAIRNESS. Hide 'n Seek can be a better game if no one cheats like Bautista Agut there.

·
Banned
2,838 Posts
The guy's grunts last so long it goes on while his opponent is hitting the ball. It's ridiculous!!
He intended it. The loopholes in the rules are exploited by these "smart" players

·
23,063 Posts
I agree about RBA's grunting -- it does seem to get too far, although for some reason I feel that (at least from my view) he seems to put every effort he does here (he does doesn't have that power IMO).

·
Banned
2,838 Posts
If I were Becker I'd have refused to shake hand with that cheater so that everyone knows that guy cheated.

1 - 20 of 31 Posts