Mens Tennis Forums banner

1 - 20 of 81 Posts

·
Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
There is an article in Aftonbladet today that he is in doubt for Stockholm Open and the rest of the season due to the sickness he has been struggling with since this summer.
One day he's full of energy and the next he has none - he just want to be healthy again and is tired of this.
http://www.aftonbladet.se/sportbladet/tennis/article13757385.ab

So my conclusion is that he probably will skip the last weeks and just rest for the next season, at least I think that is what he should do.

·
Can't be bothered anymore
23,023 Posts
Re: Söderling will probably be out for the rest of the season..

What a shame for Robin that he has to skip the indoors season.

I really hope he can recover fully from mono in the next weeks so that he can have a great 2012.

·
Registered
4,066 Posts

I read the article too but I would not share your conclusion.

Edit: I mixed up this interview with the one in SvD.se. He sounds more pessimistic in this one.

·
Banned
95,412 Posts

typical of tennis for me

always the players i like get injured, never the ones who play about 100 matches a year lasting 3 hours per match - they pull up just fine

·
Registered
10,427 Posts

Tennis is laughable at the moment with Robin and Delpo not playing and Fed and Nole abscent for a couple tourneys. All my favorites are not playing tennis right now :eek:

Couldn't care less if he plays Sthlm or not but it would be nice if he played Valencia or else he will have 2 penalties in his 500.s + no London for 2012 rankings will be hard to get back to top 5 :sad:

·
Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter #7

I really hope he will play if he is healthy enought but my experience with Robin is that he never comes back to early - instead he waits longer then normal just to be on the safe side.

But I guess we just have to wait and see...I cross my fingers..tennis is not the same without our Robbie!

·
Registered
29,419 Posts

Actually Robin says nothing about being out for the rest of the season. He simply says he wants to get healthy before entering another tournament. The problem is no one knows when that will be.
It may take until the next year, we'll see.

·
Registered
7,805 Posts

We'll see. Sod is back on court practicing and has played with former pros Bjorkman and T.Johansson during the past week. He just can't promise anything so he must be pessimistic or he would disappoint both his fans, the organizers (who are close friends) and himself if he withdraws again. Right thing to do. Gonna "officially" know the next 3-4 days if he plays Stockholm or not but right now it looks like no. Could also factor in that he got Rosengren as coach now that trained Ancic before. He will know the horrors of mono and make sure Robin takes the time he needs.

In the end he's looked great after long breaks before and it won't be the first time he has to fight his way back after a long break from tennis.

·
Registered
42,421 Posts

No point in rushing back too quickly with mono but I wish him full recovery soon. :hug: :hug:

·
Banned
10,179 Posts

blind breed can now finally learn what mono really is......

·
Registered
10,190 Posts

This is now becoming hillarious.
Federror not playing, Djoker not playing, DelPotro out, Soderking out, etc.
:confused: :help:

Special thanks to ATP with it's mission to slow down all possible surfaces and destroying players in the process.

·
Registered
2,619 Posts

Special thanks to ATP with it's mission to slow down all possible surfaces and destroying players in the process.
You still have Nadal, Murray, Tsonga, Fish, Berdych, Roddick, Nalbandian... What are you whining about? :shrug:

Tennis is not all about Federer, Djokovic & Soderling.

My advice to you: Change the sport. Go follow football.

·
Banned
3,513 Posts

When all the top players are injured/sick, recovering form injury, or half way to retirement, you get the same final in every tournament (Nadull-Fakervic) even though it's not even close simply because no one is left good enough to challenge it. It's amazing if you think about it, out of seven billion people we can't get two people in the world who can play the same level of high quality tennis at #1 and #2. Even further, we can't even get ten people in the world to make a top 10 that is competitive and not full of garbage. Truly a mug era for the planet earth :eek:

·
Registered
29,419 Posts

You still have Nadal, Murray, Tsonga, Fish, Berdych, Roddick, Nalbandian... What are you whining about? :shrug:

Tennis is not all about Federer, Djokovic & Soderling.

My advice to you: Change the sport. Go follow football.
Clown post as usual. Firstly, only 3 of the players you named can really compare to Fed, Nole, Delpo & Sod at this point in time. Secondly, you will stop watching tennis when Nadal retires anyway. :zzz:

·
Registered
5,582 Posts

sad news. get well sod.

·
Registered
13,393 Posts

blind breed can now finally learn what mono really is......
What does this have to do with anything?

·
Registered
2,361 Posts

This sucks, get well soon Robin. :)

·
Banned
21,935 Posts

robin being out has nothing to do with the schdule

·
Registered
5,068 Posts

I don't expect Soderling to compete anymore. He wasn't impressive this year either.

1 - 20 of 81 Posts