Mens Tennis Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1,876 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Missed the match, didn't notice the season had started even. Anyway good win for Emil. Vesely turned out to be more of a journeyman than his hype suggested. I guess the tour was really starving for young talent around 20-13-15. I remember Vesely played and lost a horrible match to Murray around that time when both were just pushing.

Emil is playing Travaglia next. Shouldn't be too difficult if he has any sort of form. Potential quarterfinal against Goffin would be very fun to see. Goffin would be a very difficult match up I feel.

In other Finn watch, Heliövaara lost in the final qualifying round in straight sets. Nice to see him trying. I'm not sure what exactly he is after. He quit to pursue and engineering degree at like 24, maybe he is done with it and doing a bit of globe trotting before getting a real job, good for him. Maybe he is interested in the olympics, Henri Kontinen could use a partner and I suspect Emil is gonna focus on singles. Anyway Im doubtful if there are even gonna be olympics

·
Banned
70,522 Posts
vesely is done =((

·
Registered
17,728 Posts
Missed the match, didn't notice the season had started even. Anyway good win for Emil. Vesely turned out to be more of a journeyman than his hype suggested. I guess the tour was really starving for young talent around 20-13-15. I remember Vesely played and lost a horrible match to Murray around that time when both were just pushing.

Emil is playing Travaglia next. Shouldn't be too difficult if he has any sort of form. Potential quarterfinal against Goffin would be very fun to see. Goffin would be a very difficult match up I feel.

In other Finn watch, Heliövaara lost in the final qualifying round in straight sets. Nice to see him trying. I'm not sure what exactly he is after. He quit to pursue and engineering degree at like 24, maybe he is done with it and doing a bit of globe trotting before getting a real job, good for him. Maybe he is interested in the olympics, Henri Kontinen could use a partner and I suspect Emil is gonna focus on singles. Anyway Im doubtful if there are even gonna be olympics
Always funny when out-of-touch people sweep aside players that still have Ruusuvuori bending over left and right for them.

·
Registered
1,876 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Always funny when out-of-touch people sweep aside players that still have Ruusuvuori bending over left and right for them.
As a general rule, whenever Im pretty sure Ruusuvuori is gonna win a match he loses

1 - 5 of 5 Posts