Mens Tennis Forums banner
1 - 20 of 63 Posts

·
_._._._._._
Joined
·
72,524 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Did anyone watch the FED cup final yesterday. The Captain of the team, Shamil Tarpishchev (who is also the Davis Cup captain) was a joke. Myskina was really struggling out there and instead of encouraging her he had his head in his hands. I know she's a bit of a headcase, but its not as if Russia's team for the DC is full of mentally stable players. I just thought I'd point out it was disgraceful captaincy (I know they somehow managed to win it) but I felt sorry for Myskina, he was giving her absolutely no help. I expect better.
 

·
Forum Umpire:, Gaston Gaudio,
Joined
·
124,503 Posts
Shamil is the Mafia Don of Russian tennis, well his methods have worked and they won't give rid of him unless Putin sacks him.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
9,433 Posts
I think that strategy works for the Russians, a little toughening never hurt anyone ;) Look at all the players who dont do well in 1 tie seem to really have something to prove in the next 1 and they almost always end up doing well.
I mean look at Momo she was getting encouraged, patted after every point and she still couldnt control her nerves.
 

·
Banned
Joined
·
95,412 Posts
never liked that guy
he gives Safin hell when marat's playing poorly then kisses his arse when he starts winning again..
dont like the russian womans team either, them and theyre ego's..marilyn manson's sister, myskina, wasnt even gonna play if Sharapova was picked.. what a diva :eek:
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
9,433 Posts
Escude said:
never liked that guy
he gives Safin hell when marat's playing poorly then kisses his arse when he starts winning again..
dont like the russian womans team either, them and theyre ego's..marilyn manson's sister, myskina, wasnt even gonna play if Sharapova was picked.. what a diva :eek:
:lol: who can blame Myskina have you seen Yuri during Sharapovas matches, btw her grunts and his screams and shouting crazy things in Russian doesnt surprise me that teammates dont want her to play if daddy is around.
 

·
Banned
Joined
·
95,412 Posts
well thats true i guess, Yuri is an idiot as well
they should just ban russian men from womens matches :eek:
 

·
Forum Umpire:, Gaston Gaudio,
Joined
·
124,503 Posts
Escude said:
never liked that guy
he gives Safin hell when marat's playing poorly then kisses his arse when he starts winning again..
dont like the russian womans team either, them and theyre ego's..marilyn manson's sister, myskina, wasnt even gonna play if Sharapova was picked.. what a diva :eek:
They have booed Safin off the court in Russia before, so that's not unusual.

You complain about the Russian women and their egos I mean come on if Sharapova was in the team it would be worse, it's not like they need her.
 

·
Forum Umpire:, Gaston Gaudio,
Joined
·
124,503 Posts
Here is the link for Russian tennis, just have a look at where it leads to.

www.rustennis.com
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
42,421 Posts
its.like.that said:
Russian sports coaches are all the same.

You should see the women's national volleyball coach.

:p
Wow, even you know about that. :eek:
Btw, they have a new coach now, some Italian guy.
 

·
Banned
Joined
·
95,412 Posts
GeorgeWHitler said:
You complain about the Russian women and their egos I mean come on if Sharapova was in the team it would be worse, it's not like they need her.
sure, if sharapova came it would have been the case of the Ego had landed :p
 

·
Forum Umpire:, Gaston Gaudio,
Joined
·
124,503 Posts
Escude said:
sure, if sharapova came it would have been the case of the Ego had landed :p
For sure the whole of Russia in area couldn't handle the collective ego.

I said before they should have Chesnokov as DC captain, but Shamil is one "interesting" individual.
 

·
Forum Umpire:, Gaston Gaudio,
Joined
·
124,503 Posts
its.like.that said:
Russian sports coaches are all the same.

You should see the women's national volleyball coach.

:p
You mean this guy?

 

·
Forum Umpire:, Gaston Gaudio,
Joined
·
124,503 Posts
MariaV said:
Yeah, that's the guy, retired last year.
He should take over the womens team, seriously they should be winning Fed Cup consistently, as long as Henin Hardenne/Clijsters don't play for Belgium.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
42,421 Posts
Oh, btw, the Belgian sports minister had called Shamil T. yesterday and said they cannot wait for the next year's 1st rd Fed Cup tie in Belgium and both Kim & JuJu had agreed to play. Now THAT I'd like to see. :) Maybe also Kuzzie's comeback there. ;)
Oh, and Maria Sharapova is supposed to be in the Russian team next year. So we'll see.
 

·
Forum Umpire:, Gaston Gaudio,
Joined
·
124,503 Posts
MariaV said:
Oh, btw, the Belgian sports minister had called Shamil T. yesterday and said they cannot wait for the next year's 1st rd Fed Cup tie in Belgium and both Kim & JuJu had agreed to play. Now THAT I'd like to see. :) Maybe also Kuzzie's comeback there. ;)
Oh, and Maria Sharapova is supposed to be in the Russian team next year. So we'll see.
We'll see soon enough and as for Shamil it was a smart decision to leave Kafelnikov out of the final match in 2002. He was in such bad form and thanks to Marat for killing Grosjean on court, that he could make that decision.

It will be interesting to see what team he puts out for the match against Croatia.
 
1 - 20 of 63 Posts
Top