Mens Tennis Forums banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
17,684 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Britain's Davis Cup hopes suffered a massive blow when Greg Rusedski pulled out with a heel injury.
Rusedski picked up the injury during his US Open third-round defeat to Pete Sampras.

Britain meet Thailand in a qualifying match to return to the World Group on Friday.

But with Rusedski absent, and British number one Tim Henman rating his chances of making the tie "no more than 50-50", the prospects look far from good.

Henman is still struggling with the shoulder injury that hampered him during the US Open earlier this month.

If Henman is forced to pull out, Great Britain skipper Roger Taylor will have to call on Martin Lee and Arvind Parmar to shoulder the challenge.
"At the moment my chances are no more than 50-50," said Henman.

"The arm feels a lot stronger than when I flew home from New York - but I haven't hit a ball yet and I'd be stupid to take any unnecessary risks.

"I play tennis for fun and things had not been at all enjoybale during my time in the States.

"It was tough for me to be positive."

Thailand have only one player ranked in the world's top 200, but the form of world number 31 Paradorn Srichaphan is of concern to the British team.

He beat Andre Agassi at Wimbledon, won his first tournament in August and has been steadily rising up the rankings all year.

·
Registered
2,293 Posts
Good chance for Thailand's Team.

Great Britain's Team will be
1. Tim
2. Martin Lee
3. Arvind Parmar
4. Miles MacLagan

Paradorn Srichaphan and Danai Udomchoke

Go Thailand Go, Go for it. :bounce: :D :bounce:

·
Registered
7,309 Posts
Layla said:
:sad: :sad: :sad:

This is terrible news. But I do seem to be the only one who's sad about it. ;)
No ur not Layla :(

·
Registered
4,625 Posts
That's very unfortunate news! Davis Cup would be more interesting and exciting with a prominent British team fighting for the Cup.

Remember the U.S versus Britain Davis Cup match in England from a couple of years ago? That was an incredible Tie!

·
Registered
472 Posts
oops, just posted this in the Davis Cup forum, didnt realise it was here too :eek:

Should be a good match now, but I still expect UK to some through...hope Paradorn gets a win over Henny though (if he plays)...

·
Registered
76 Posts
That's a sad news for Britain, even if Henman can make it, I think paradon will still win his two ties putting Britain in really bad position, if Tim cannot play... I cannot imagine

·
Registered
6,771 Posts
go Paradorn!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :bounce:

·
Registered
420 Posts
sad news for GB, but now I understand why Rusedski thought Pete was one step and a half slower in the US Open...he was probably hallucinating and running a fever...:rolleyes: :eek:

·
Registered
6,771 Posts
what happened to Arvind Parmer? (sp)

1 - 18 of 18 Posts