Mens Tennis Forums banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
4,430 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
INTRODUCTION
ATP manager is about you selecting and managing your team of tennis players for the tournaments in our schedule. Before each of them, you will send the coordinator a private message with your team, taking into consideration some points explained further on. After that, all you have to do is wait and cheer on the players you selected.
HOW IT WORKS
Basically, you will have to keep in mind the two rankings of the ATP Tour. All the game is based on the real tour, so it can be very accurate on your knowledge of tennis.
The Entry System will be the reference for the player´s value on each week, so the number of points the player has means the number of bucks he will cost you. Every one of you initially receives a budget of 12000 bucks. Use that money to buy your players.
The Race of the Champions will be the orientation for you to get points. Every player you have on your team will be awarded a score in direct accordance to the Race points he gets on that specific week on the real Tour. So, for example, if you have Joao Gomes in your team for the week of the UsOpen and Joao Gomes wins it on the real stuff, he will get you 200 points.
BUYING PLAYERS
With that budget of 12000 bucks, you will have to chose the players from the Entry System TOP 50 of that week that fit into your budget. So, you add their Entry points together and you can have a max of that amount. Note that, as the values are in accordance to the Entry System, they will always be changing. So, more than winning points, the players can win (or lose) money for you. Therefor, your budget can go UP or DOWN from the original 12000.
The Entry System TOP 50 ranking will be our only universe of work, since it would be too much work to the coordinators if we left all the players at your serve. Whenever a player falls out of the TOP 50, he will no longer be considered for our game. His value will be frozen, and you can still sell him (explanation further on), but he won´t be able to score points untill he gets back to the TOP 50.
SELLING PLAYERS
As soon as the week is over and the new rankings are out, you will have the option to sell your players or keep them to the next week on our schedule. As soon as you sold the player, he can´t get points to you anymore, of course.
The points are awarded according to the tournaments where your selected players are competing on that week. We will pick the points awarded for your player on the Race and add to your personal score. There’s no cut out, all the points will be awarded.
RESULTS AND RANKINGS
All the results and values will be based on the real rankings, and they will be posted on Mondays as soon as the new rankings are published.
OUR SCHEDULE
We decided that running the game for ALL the weeks and tournaments would be too much work for both players and coordinators. Therefor, we arranged the following schedule for the game, starting at the USOpen:
Week 35-36 – UsOpen
Week 37 – Bye
Week 38 – Palermo / Hong Kong
Week 39 – Tokyo Outdoor / Moscow
Week 40 – Bye
Week 41 – Madrid TMS
Week 42 – Bye
Week 43 – Paris TMS
Week 44 – Bye
Week 45 – Tennis Masters Cup Shangai.

On those weeks marked with tournaments you will have to send one of us a private message with the team of players that should represent you. We remind you that you should keep in mind your budget and be careful to not bankrupt yourself. It will cause trouble to everyone, because we won´t have time to adjust your teams for you. If the deadlines expire and we can´t communicate you of the problem, you won´t be allowed to score points on that week.
ADJUSTMENTS
You can buy or sell players during the periods of time we will announce for every one of the tournaments. As the rankings are published on Monday, you will buy players when some matches have already been played. Make use of that!
COORDINATORS AND NEW PARTICIPANTS
hitman and Rebecca will share the tasks for this first league. We cant allow free entrances to everyone, since the work can get outrageous. To allow everyone interested into the game, we decided to do the following:
We already have 10 people to play in this first experimental league. As soon as we gather someone to coordinate a new league, people can jump in it and then none will have too big a work.

Those are the rules. I´m sorry if it´s too big, but I tried to be as clear as posible. As some of the rules are kind of complex, feel free to comment and post questions. Thanks everyone.

·
Registered
28,276 Posts
Changes are not out of the question if we continue the game past this season.

We will stick with what we have for now however, to see how well this works.

We're open to suggestions at anytime however, to possibley be implemented next season.

·
Registered
28,276 Posts
To elaborate on the leagues -

We didnt' intend to leave anyone out, but like Hitman said - its hard to beleive, but even WE have lives :D - and we dont have time to do points for more than 10.

But if anyone else shows interest, you are welcome to start a league.

Which just means get a group of people together, and get someone to coordinate points for that group.

If anyone sees the need or interest for this, let one of us know.

·
Registered
8,816 Posts
Thanks Hitman and Becca! :D

This game is so great I can't wait to start. :bounce:

The rules are very clear and precise, so I only have 2 additional questions:

1. Is there a limit as to how many players you can buy - on either end of the spectrum?

2. In the real game as opposed to the test run, will our individual teams be secret and we will only see the points each of us made?

Thanks again. :)

·
Registered
28,276 Posts
Layla - you can buy as many as you an afford. If hewit has say 5200 points, then he costs $5200.

You have only 12000 to start with, so you can spend up to that, but not exceeding.

If hewitt was to lose 200 points one week, and you sold him back at 5000 you'd have lost 200 bucks.

That sort of idea.

Does that help?

And in the real game you guys will PM me and hitman your teams. You can track your pm's and that will tell you if Hitman and I have read them yet. We will both make our teams and post them on the board before opening any of the PM's. Then we will post everyones teams, but only after we have posted ours without reading the pm's.

Like I said, you can use PM tracking, and there is no way hitman and I can read your pm with your team, without you knowing.

So you would know if we cheated.

If it turns into a problem i have offered not to play and jsut to do the boring stuff. But we will see how it goes first.

·
Registered
6,771 Posts
who decides on who is worth what? and can i have Pete for $2.? ;) ;) and since Henboy is injured, does this make him cheaper? can i pick him for 5 bucks? :confused:

just kidding! let me know when you start.

·
Registered
4,430 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
lol.
Well, you understood how the values are the players´ points on the Entry System, didnt you? If so, good. :D

And we are starting next Monday for the test week, as I said before. :wavey:

·
Registered
10,038 Posts
Okay, one question (now that I have read the rules with a clear head): Is there a moritorium on how many of us can scoop up the "hot commodities", ie, so not everyone has Hewitt, Safin, Agassi on their teams? That'd make it kinda boring, you know :)

·
Registered
4,430 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Well, we thought about deviding the players on groups and not allowing more than an X number of players from each group (ie 1-10, 11-30, 31-50), but than we thought and came to the conclusion it would make it more difficult for everyone. The players would take extra time getting their teams, and we would have extra work to police if people are going in this yet another rule. And since our game is already a bit complicated (;)) already, we better just leave it at that for now. :p

Thanks for the tips, though. :)

·
Registered
28,276 Posts
Besides, there are only a couple more people who want in at this point anyhow - and I'm sure we can grab a 3rd person to do points.

*i have a big heart* :D

*prepares for hitman to slap her*

·
Registered
28,276 Posts
Well you'll have to wait till Hitman gets up :p Its only 7am for poor hitman right now :p

I am fine with the extra help though , as that would mean that Darran and Jakub could play right now, and not have to wait for Hitman and I to sort out our lazy assses.

·
Registered
4,430 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Its ok with me. We will try it for the test week. If it is too much, we will say. If not, everything stays like it is. :D

·
Registered
4,430 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Oh, and sure, thanks Layla! :wavey:

·
Registered
4,430 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
1 - 20 of 23 Posts