Mens Tennis Forums banner

1 - 20 of 114 Posts

·
Registered
3,350 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
"I heard Robredo saying before the match that Spain would move past Russia without much fuss. Well, I can assure you—in a year I will beat him easily".

Link in Russian: http://www.sports.ru/tennis/1031414548.html

I dunno what's wrong with the guys. I don't recall Safin/Hewitt/Federer generation as well as Djokovic/Murray one having such the big mouths and being so arrogant when they were teens.

P.S.
After the tie Rublev apologized via Twitter:

·
Registered
4,281 Posts
Re: Rublev after losing to Robredo: 'In a year I will beat him easily'

Remember Djokovic after Nadal beat him at RG in 2006? Back then everybody was laughing at him, now it's turned out he was right.

Rublev is confident in his abilities as he should and knows his game can be better than Robredo's. In a year, he will be much stronger and fitter (I know they plan this in his camp) which is what's mostly lacking so far. He'll improve his movement by a lot I expect. I hope he turns down his temper a notch.

·
Banned
70,519 Posts

:spit: he has such a big mouth. lets see if he has something more into him. cos the guy above me mentioned djokovic, but we also have quinzi...

·
Registered
11,840 Posts

Rublev comes across as a bit of a dick. In a year's time, Robredo will still be routining him in straight sets.

·
Registered
1,219 Posts

"I heard Robredo saying before the match that Spain would move past Russia without much fuss. Well, I can assure you—in a year I will beat him easily".

Link in Russian: http://www.sports.ru/tennis/1031414548.html

I dunno what's wrong with the guys. I don't recall Safin/Hewitt/Federer generation as well as Djokovic/Murray one having such the big mouths and being so arrogant when they were teens.
Nouveau riche with the attitude. Just hate these fuckers who take evertything for granted.

·
Registered
8,384 Posts

Everyone can beat Robredo easily.

·
Banned
70,519 Posts

·
Registered
3,350 Posts
Discussion Starter #8

Remember Djokovic after Nadal beat him at RG in 2006? Back then everybody was laughing at him, now it's turned out he was right.
Djokovic had just reached Roland Garros QF beating Gonzalez, Haas and Monfils. And after that he went on to reach Wimbledon 4R, win Amersfoort, make it to Umag final, win another title later in the year and finish the season in Top-20. This is so NOT a Rublev's case.

·
Registered
21,932 Posts

·
Registered
1,532 Posts

Just because of this video, it's very dumb to mock a youngster. And Novak was ridiculed for so many years until it happened. Too bad he didn't twist the knife (won entire thing).

·
Bring it Home
20,502 Posts

Rublev is a bad mouth, but everyone who saw him play knows he has the better game among his generation. He's so much better than the likes of Coric and Zverev.

He has these fitness issues though. Let's see if he gonna take care of this fast or will wait until 22 yo like Dimitrov did.

I don't like him though, too much of a douche. I hope he somehow turns into a bust. :lol:

·
#TeamThiem
3,542 Posts

Are Kokkinakis and Thiem the only youngsters who are well-educated? :tape:

·
Premium Member
21,478 Posts

Robredo will turn 34 next year. I bet in 5-6 year Rublev could even bagel him.

·
Registered
1,830 Posts

Robredo is having an awful year anyway. If he finds form again, Rublev will eat bagels in a year.

·
Registered
137 Posts

Djokovic had just reached Roland Garros QF beating Gonzalez, Haas and Monfils. And after that he went on to reach Wimbledon 4R, win Amersfoort, make it to Umag final, win another title later in the year and finish the season in Top-20. This is so NOT a Rublev's case.
Well in 2 years time when Rublev is 19, like DJoko was, then we can see.

He made the top 100 in his 19th year, Rublev could yet do the same next year and as he doesn't rely on court coverage, rather shotmaking, it could be more impressive in this physical era.

·
Registered
6,879 Posts

This is why the young generation will prove an even bigger fail than the Dimugtrov and co. They think they're already entitled to a lot of shit and think it's coming to them for sure.
Any crack in that dream will surely make them fall and hit the cold hard ground, from which they crawl into a desperate pit of failure and tennis oblivion.

·
Registered
1,526 Posts

I think this largely depends on the family background. His father is a former boxer who turned into a rich business man. He is the youngest child and the only son. So he was most likely spoiled.

·
Registered
724 Posts

"When I'm at my best I am more like [Marat] Safin game wise, when I'm not, I'm more like [Nikolay] Davydenko."

·
Premium Member
62,010 Posts

Disappointing. I seriously doubt he'll be able to back it up.

1 - 20 of 114 Posts